Tuesday, August 31, 2010

29 and Holding

Happy Birthday to me!  29!!!  I just can't believe it and in case you don't then look at the cake below.  It will prove I'm 29 (or that I have a really wonderful husband).  The day started off like any good day should at the gym (Lifetime Fitness) with a good sweat.  After 8 weeks out of the gym I'm slowly getting back into things.  My shoulder doesn't always want to cooperate but I gave it a good beating on the elliptical for an hour doing hill intervals.  Just keeping it in motion seems to help.  Increasing the synovial fluid to the area (with movement) will help to get it loosened up.  Think of synovial fluid as the body's WD40.  I need lubed!! A LOT!!!! After the gym I refueled with a diet muscle milk.  I've never had muscle milk before and it was just ok.  It tasted like a slim fast shake if you've ever had those.  Nothing like chocolate milk but then again they didn't say it was chocolate milk so who am I to complain.  I'm a woman it's my right!   BTW it is hard to take a picture of muscle milk on the dash at a stop light.  It may or may not have fallen upside down into the gear shift of the rental vehicle.  Woops.  Don't tell Enterprise. 

Ella had been telling me all morning that it was my special day and that I could choose anywhere I wanted to eat for lunch.  "Don't pick McDonald's Mommy because that is a treat."  I love this girl.  Anywho... I decided on Chick Fil A.  As if there is really any difference between Chick Fil A and McDonalds.  For some reason Chick Fil A seems healthier to me. It's my lie let me live it.  Once I announced we were going to Chick Fil A Ella immediately started sobbing saying she didn't want to go there.  Wait a second kid whose special day is this?  I thought you said it was mine!  We compromised and wound up at this fine establishment. 


If you have never eaten at the Spicy Pickle and you have one in your neck of the woods GO!  You won't regret it!  And seriously who doesn't love a spicy Pickle?  Obviously Ella and I do!  I also had 1/2 a turkey, artichoke and sun dried tomato panini and 1/2 a spinach salad that had apples, walnuts and well spinach of course.  All of it was delicious.  Spicy Pickle is the new Moes.  Yeah I said it!  I also got a bag of chips (busted!  Who am I a lumberjack?) and Ella declared, "I know what type of chips those are mommy.  Those are tomato chips."  Luckily she's pretty! 

After picking up Nicholas from school there were gifts and LOTS of them.  I feel so spoiled.  Everyone gave me their special gift.  Jack got me an iTunes gift card, Ella a new travel coffee mug (mine is shot), Nicholas a book I have been wanting and George a GARMIN (so I can get around this city) and sunglasses for cycling and running.  I loved all my gifts and the thought that went in to all of them.  The kids and George did a lot to make my day feel very special.  I am loved!!!





I'm going to rock these white Jawbones!  George talked me into these he just loved them.  He said they're going to look great coming across the finish line. I just hope they make me look fast! 

We ended the day with a great dinner at ZTejas. 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much food was consumed.  Mostly just by George and myself.  The kids were busy doing a lot of this...

After dinner we came home to CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not just any cake BUNDT cake.  This is my favorite.  I was afraid this cake wouldn't live up to it's pretty packaging and quite honestly it didn't wow me.  It was good but I was looking for the wow factor.  Am I hard to please? Don't answer that. 


I'll leave you with the picture taken of the family by the waitress.  What's wrong with this picture?  Hmmmm! 







2 comments:

Angela said...

LOVE IT!!! Whatever you do, don't every try the EAS Myoplex drinks. I still have nightmares about that flavor.

That pic of you in front of the restaurant is AWESOME! You look beeeaaauuutttiiful. FOR REALS.

Angela said...

um..eveR try. geez. Also, the jawbones are cute, I want to see a pic with them on.

Post a Comment