Friday, September 24, 2010

Something About Nothing

I'll be honest.  NOTHING exciting happened today.  Do you really want to hear about more PT appointments, running here and there to get this and that kid, and a mediocre dinner?  I didn't think so. 

I will tell you about a few good things that went on today but first things first. 

I'm going to be posting my daily workouts just to hold myself accountable.  I am also going to keep track of my shoulder "measurements" and improvements.  Feel free to skip ahead if you don't give a $@#%.

Workout: 
PT: 1 hour stretch and strengthen shoulder
Rowing Machine:   15 minutes 2200 meters.  I've never done this before and it is HARD!
1/2 hour stretch and strengthen shoulder at gym
Elliptical:  15:12 1.72 miles

Shoulder:  160 degrees (started at less than 90 degrees)
External rotation:  55 degrees (started at -10 degrees)

Admittedly not my best workout day but I am REALLY sore and trying to focus on not losing any motion in my shoulder.  There are only so many hours in the day people!  

So, things I liked about today:

Target will now give you $0.05 for every reusable bag you use in their store. Even if you are just purchasing them.

SWYPE... You MUST get this in your life.  Nuff said.  I texted just so I could swype. 

Ikea now has "childcare" for while the parental units are shopping

and my kids were dying to get in


Night Swim
I'm currently in the process of reading Run Like a Mother:  How to Get Moving-- and Not Lose Your Family, Job, and Sanity compliments of my friend Tracey.  Thanks Trace!





(Amazon description) In Run Like a Mother, authors Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea offer both inspirational advice and practical strategies to help multitasking women make running part of their busy lives.
McDowell and Shea understand the various external and internal forces in everyday life that can unintentionally keep a wife--mother--working woman from lacing up her shoes and going for a run. Because the authors are multihyphenates themselves, Run Like a Mother is driven by their own running expertise and real-world experience in ensuring that running is part of their lives.
More than a book, Run Like a Mother is essentially a down-to-earth, encouraging conversation with the reader on all things running, with the overall goal of strengthening a woman's inner athlete.
Of course, real achievement is a healthy mix of inspiration and perspiration, which is why the authors have grounded Run Like a Mother in a host of practical tips on shoes, training, racing, nutrition, and injuries, all designed to help women balance running with their professional and personal lives.

More importantly I will be giving my full review of the book by the end of next week.  Mark your google calendar. You don't want to miss it!  Also I'll be unveiling my MARATHON TRAINING PLAN!  EEK!

That's all folks! 

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad you are reading the book- I loved it. I may read it again!

Looking forward to seeing your training plan.

Tracey said...

Glad you are reading the book- I loved it. I may read it again!

Looking forward to seeing your training plan.

Post a Comment