Sunday, September 26, 2010

X Doesn't Mark the Spot

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  That's the sound of me crying.  I set out on my run today with my phone in my Nathan's hydration belt.

See that little pouch?  Well it did NOT hold my BRAND NEW Droid X.  I'm not sure how it fell out but one mile into the run I reached down to take a picture and the phone was not there. 



That's not my picture of the phone.  I should have taken one, it would have lasted longer.  I know it's my fault and really it is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but, I'm just sick of my bad luck. 

As I said, I was one mile into my run when I realized it was gone.  I ran the mile back to the house frantically looking and I could not find it.  At that point I came in the house to tell George and ask him to come out and help me.  I ran the mile route again and nothing.  George said to drive home and he'd walk back and see if he could find it.  Boo!  Still no phone. 

Run:
Mile One:  11:09
Mile Two:  11:05 walk/run looking
Mile Three:  14:09 walk/jog REALLY looking hard
Totals:  36:57
3.02 miles
12:13 average

I couldn't muster up the desire to finish off the last two miles of my run. Three miles would have to do. 

Oh well.  I was waiting for George to "yell" at me for being so stupid.  I was primed and ready to remind him of the $17,000 worth of damage he did to my vehicle.  He never said a word though.  Darn it! 

I know he didn't wreck my car on purpose, no more than I lost my phone intentionally. 


Really I just wanted to post that picture to show the blog world that my husband ran into a pole going 10 mph.  My car is FINALLY finished and being shipped here to Texas tomorrow.  Ain't she pirty?  I can't wait to get her back! 


Before the day's excitement I did manage to make some yummy goodness. 

Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with Creamy Frosting

Prepare any chocolate cake per box instructions, replacing oil, eggs and water with a can of pumpkin. I guarantee this cake will turn out very, very moist.

To prepare icing:


  • 1 cup brown sugar




  • 1/2 cup butter




  • 1/3 cup heavy cream




  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar




  • Place the brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/3 cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring to blend until smooth. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, and drizzle over the cake immediately.

    I have trouble making things LOOK pretty but trust me this was really delicious.



    How can I be mad about breaking my shoulder, breaking my wrist, having surgery, a wrecked car, having surgery #2, moving half way across the country, having another surgery with one more planned or a silly little phone?  Hahaha  One thing all this has taught me is that the little things really don't matter and life is really all about licking the spoon? 



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment