Friday, October 8, 2010

The Burgh

I really felt homesick today.  Nothing about being in Texas makes me feel like me.  This may be due, in part, to the fact that I am not healthy and able to do a lot of the things that make me feel like myself.  Of course I miss seeing my friends and family.  I didn't realize that seeing my family and friends was part of what made me feel complete.  I know that I will adjust but it will definitely take time.  I'll start making friends, I'm on my road to recovery and hopefully I'll be getting some visitors soon.  Hint hint! 

Until then I'm going to reminisce with myself about what I miss most about Pittsburgh in no particular order. 

My Family.  Of course I am happy that I have my little family here in Texas and they are what I live and breath for but I miss my mom and my sisters.  Mostly I miss watching my family interacting with my kids.  It really meant so much to me and my kids love their family. 



Primanti Brothers:  You have not eaten until you've eaten fries ON a sandwhich.  Just sayin.


My house:  This wasn't just a house.  I picked everything in this house.  It was a home with great neighbors and I miss everything about it dearly.


My bike (it's in storage):  She's pink and she's fabulous.  I <3 her!



The Steelers:  Do I need to explain?



Long runs with Tracey:  No matter how far we had to run 5 or 13 it never really seemed like a chore.  We always had something to talk about.. non stop.. even if it was for 2 hours.  Running is so much better with friends.


Fatheads:  The food here will kill you but you'll die happy.




The Pens:  Again no explanation necessary.



My friends (some not pictured... some pictured and are going to kill me):  All of  my friends play different roles in my life, and are from different times in my life.  You all know me but love me anyway.  I miss and love you all!  A LOT!!!!!!


Don't shoot me Jami


Some people don't see the appeal of Pittsburgh but I love it and to me it will always be home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww........homesick........we miss you too! G.

A-Nik said...

Sorry you are homesick Boo! We miss you guys too! It will get better day by day. You'll get into your routine, get new friends and become the #1 Room Mom in no time!! <3 U!

Tracey said...

I miss you too. Running isn't the same without you. Conversations with myself are not very interesting. I have a favor to ask. Next time we see each other, can we take a picture in normal clothes and without my white hat? I feel like that thing is permanently attached to my head!

Hope you have a great weekend and will run together again soon- definitely when you visit. I can always be persuaded to visit Austin too :)

rachelle said...

awe miss you too! the Oxford just isnt the same! :-(

Cooper said...

*cough* come back *cough*

Cooper said...

*cough* come back *cough*

Tracey said...

I miss you too. Running isn't the same without you. Conversations with myself are not very interesting. I have a favor to ask. Next time we see each other, can we take a picture in normal clothes and without my white hat? I feel like that thing is permanently attached to my head!

Hope you have a great weekend and will run together again soon- definitely when you visit. I can always be persuaded to visit Austin too :)

Post a Comment