Friday, October 15, 2010

Ditch the Uniform and Put on Some Makeup

Remember the crazy lady from yesterday's total body workout?  Well I remember and I cursed her as I woke up this morning and couldn't move my arms, legs, abs or butt.  Everything was sore.  Surprisingly with all the shoulder exercises we did my shoulder is no more sore than it normally is.  I contemplated what I should do after I got Nicholas and Ella off to school and sitting on my derriere sounded pretty good.  Instead, I put on my workout clothes in hopes that it would inspire me to head right to the gym. 

I did make it to the gym.  I figured that if I just did the elliptical my legs would stay loose and, therefore, feel better.  Well it was good in theory.  I'm glad I went but my legs do NOT feel any better.

After I got the kids from school I went to use the restroom.  I closed the door hoping for some peace and all the sudden I hear everyone screaming, "Mom, mom are you okay."  They all come barging in the door with worried looks.  I tell them, "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be okay?"  Nicholas said, "Well we heard you saying, ouch ouch ouch over and over again."  I just had to laugh.  Yes even sitting down hurts.  I must be sick and sadistic because I kind of love that kind of hurt. 

99% of the time these days I'm dressed in workout clothes.  This is due in part to the fact that half my clothes are in storage and also to the fact that I am busy and lazy.  It seems like I can't manage to take a shower until the afternoon.  By the time I workout, go to physical therapy, grocery shop, pick up this kid, pick up that kid it's 3:00 in the afternoon and I'm still not showered.  So I've become one of those people that shower at night.  Most days I'm in shorts and a workout tank.  I figure that everyone is sick of my uniform.





Quite frankly I'm sick of my uniform and my deodorant showers.   A couple of weeks ago I bought a pair of peep toe booties.  I really have no reason to own a pair as you can see they hardly go with any of my outfits.  However, I decided today that I would wear them and I didn't care where we went I was wearing them anyway.  So I get all dressed put on some makeup and Nicholas says, "Mom are we going somewhere fancy for dinner?"  I say, "No why?"  He says, while rolling his eyes, "Well then why do you have on those fancy clothes?"  I guess I shouldn't have expected my 7 year old to understand that every now and again an evening calls for a pair of heels, and some sangria even if it is just for dinner with the fam. Even Ella put on her finest duds. 




8 comments:

Angela said...

HUBBA HUBBA

Tracey said...

Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Me no like those peep toe booties. G.

Anonymous said...

The one in the yellow top where you are staring off into nowhere.....Susan Aschelman to a tee!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe she gave the shout out to your Aunt Susan!!!

What are you wearing today? haha

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Me no like those peep toe booties. G.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe she gave the shout out to your Aunt Susan!!!

What are you wearing today? haha

xoxo

Tracey said...

Looking good!

Post a Comment