Friday, October 1, 2010

Hills and Dips

Thank you everyone for your well wishes.  I woke up today feeling fine.  I didn't want to push it so I just took it easy today, only doing my shoulder exercises.  I even boycotted making dinner.  Ha! 

I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning, Carrots 'N' Cake when she asked what her readers were doing this time last year.  I commented that I had no idea what I was doing last year on October 1st.  Once I started looking for pictures for today's post I realized I had an album titled 10/1/2009.  Ah hah, I did know what I was doing. 

I was eliciting the help of the facebook world trying to decide if I should wear my bike shorts over or under my cold gear pants for the Hilly Hundred in Bloomington Indiana. 


Just in case you wondered, in the end under won

Anyway, it got me thinking about that ride.  The Hilly Hundred is one of the best rides I have ever done.  It is 100 hilly miles spread over two days through the scenic countryside of Indiana.  Check out the elevation profiles for the ride.




The Hilly Hundred was a well organized event.  The route was carefully selected and had a great mix of hills and leisurely downhills (my favorite).  Above all of that I felt SAFE!  There was great entertainment, a costume contest for riders, and fantastic scenery.  If you know me, well then you know, it all boils down to the FOOD.  The rest stops at this event were epic.  There were bagels, Krispy Kreme donuts, fried chicken, pasta salad, cookies and even ice cream just to name a few.  I don't know about you, but if I'm riding 50 miles a day I want something more in my belly than bananas and orange slices (they had those too).






Oh Hilly 100 you are a great ride and I'm sad I'll be missing you this year.   I'm entertaining myself in other ways this fall like making yummy pumpkin dip.  Maybe you can add it to your rest stops! 

PUMPKIN DIP 

Set out your ingredients as I have so wisely taught you ;)



2 cups powdered sugar
12 oz whipped cream cheese (1 used regular and whipped it myself)
1 small can pumpkin
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla

Whip together powdered sugar and cream cheese then add remaining ingredients. 
Serve with vanilla wafers or graham crackers



Beware because this stuff is like crack.  Don't say you haven't been warned. 

1 comments:

Carol said...

OK, PURE vanilla in this one.

PS Bike shorts over.

Post a Comment