Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Picking Myself Apart

Did you know that today is National Love Your Body Day?  Yep it is.  What did you do to love your body today?  Today I decided to treat my body to a little workout.  In the hopes that my marathon dreams won't die, I decided I would follow my marathon training plan on the elliptical (for this week only) trying to double the mileage on my training schedule.  My training schedule called for 3 miles today so that means I wanted to do 6 miles on the elliptical.  I only had less than an hour to get it done.  FAIL.

Elliptical Workout:  5 miles in 50:30

My main focus was keeping my heart rate up but that is really hard for me to do on the elliptical.  I don't know why but I just can't seem to get my heart rate at the same rate as I do while I'm running.  It was in the 140s and stayed there.  Usually when I'm running I'm more in the 160 range.  It doesn't mean that I'm not working and burning calories but it does mean that I'm not training my body to be "running ready" while training on the elliptical.  Blarg!

Also in honor of National Love Your Body Day I have decided to love and accept every part of my body today.  From the tip of my head to the bottom of my feet; I love every part of my body. 

I won't obsess over the gray hair at my temples,

my crow's feet,

the large freckle on the end of my nose,
my non existent upper lip,
my shoulder that doesn't work,
my love handles and baby cheeseburger/pizza belly,
my thighs that jiggle,

Instead I will realize that the sum of all these parts it what makes me unique.  I will not pick my self apart but realize that as a whole I am ME, and even if just for today, I am beautiful. 

What are you doing to love your body (Not just today but EVERY day)?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way I am loving my body is just ACCEPTING it the way it is!! LOVE U. G.

burnurse said...

Susan! You are beautiful every day! Is it bad, though, that it makes ME feel better to know that you hate your body as much as I hate mine? I guess it's jus tnice to know that I am not alone. I have never run a marathon in my life, nor will I. I haven't been "in shape" since before my eldest son was born. He is 15. I blame my fat on having babies & hypothyroidism (although I know that is only the teensiest part of it--the rest is cheesburgers, pizza, butter pecan ice cream). *sigh* I keep promising myself "one of these days". Maybe you will be my inspiration! Meaghan

Anonymous said...

I ate 2 cinnamon rolls!
And now am lounging around.
:-)
xoxo

A-Nik said...

Nothing on your body giggles!!! Let's talk giggles...I had two helpings of homemade mac/cheese for dinner and I'm pretty sure what would be considered five helpings of Paula Deen's corn casserole. Now...let's talk giggles!! LOL!

burnurse said...

Susan! You are beautiful every day! Is it bad, though, that it makes ME feel better to know that you hate your body as much as I hate mine? I guess it's jus tnice to know that I am not alone. I have never run a marathon in my life, nor will I. I haven't been "in shape" since before my eldest son was born. He is 15. I blame my fat on having babies & hypothyroidism (although I know that is only the teensiest part of it--the rest is cheesburgers, pizza, butter pecan ice cream). *sigh* I keep promising myself "one of these days". Maybe you will be my inspiration! Meaghan

Anonymous said...

The way I am loving my body is just ACCEPTING it the way it is!! LOVE U. G.

Post a Comment