Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rock Bottom

It's not cast in stone anywhere that I have to post every day but I feel a certain obligation.  So even though I think I'm in the process of passing another kidney stone I figured I'd still write.  It's not going to do me any good to sit around and mope about it.  I might as well kill two birds with one stone and do both. 

I've been trying to increase my fluids drinking all day to help get the mission complete.  George suggested that I drink some beer because he thought would really make me go.  I swear to you that I'm stone sober writing this post, as I always am, although sometimes I'm sure you wonder.

The kids and I decided to bake some sugar cookies.  I bought this funfetti sugar cookie mix at Tar-jay and I've been waiting for a rainy day, but it never rains so today it is, sunny and all. 



I needed a rolling pin to roll out the dough but as you know half of my possessions are in storage.  I also have a TON of stuff still lingering in boxes in our garage.  I looked for the rolling pin in every box, leaving no stone unturned but I never found it!  So I had to improvise. 



Walmart is only a stone's throw away so I could have gone and bought a rolling pin but my Sigg bottle did the trick. 

The kids had fun using the cookie cutters to press out pumpkins, candy corn and bats.  The box kit didn't have much dough so they each took turns.  Hey you can't get blood from a stone




Ok so it's the afternoon and my kids are still in their pajamas.  Don't say a word after all, he who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  You know you've all had jammie days a time or two. 

The kids had a great time making and decorating the cookies.  Sure they're heavy on the icing and sprinkles but I don't have a heart of stone I let them do whatever they wanted. 




Say what you will about me and this post; sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.  I think I just hit rock bottom.  Don't worry this too shall pass.  Ok I better stop. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are making memories that your kids will carry with them and pass to their kids. They take it all so seriously! No stone is left unturned with you! :o) G.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggles!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are making memories that your kids will carry with them and pass to their kids. They take it all so seriously! No stone is left unturned with you! :o) G.

Post a Comment