Friday, October 22, 2010

So Long Rhonda

Well today was the day to get rid of Rhonda (the name I gave my Kidney stone after my original nurse).  I had this horrible feeling that I would have passed my stone over night and the surgery would be for not.  That, however, was not the case and Rhonda was still there and then removed successfully.  I feel better knowing I didn't pay all that money for nothing. 

The hardest part of the surgery for me is always not being able to eat.  The surgery didn't start until 2:30 and I was starving.  I tried to keep my mind off of things, having Ella and Jack there helped. 



George was documenting everything taking pictures.  He had a little too much fun taking pictures as I was getting into my gown.  I kept saying, "George stop it.  I'm serious." and giggling.  The nurses were right outside the curtain saying, "It doesn't sound like you're serious."    So George kept right on taking inappropriate pictures.  Don't worry none of these will be on the blog.  They are permanently DELETED! 


This was the most bizarre gown.  See that little flap at the top?  It is a hole that connects to a tube that blows hot (or cold) air into the gown.  It helps to keep the patient comfortable being able to control the temperature.  I blew mine up as large as possible.  George was digging my being well-endowed.  MEN!!



I played along.



The nurses must have thought we were crazy but the one said we were the fun couple of the day.  I can't be too flattered by that because the only other couple I saw was a shriveled little old 80 year old couple.  They were super cute though; maybe the just weren't fun. 

I was getting sick of pictures and George's antics.  If you look at my lips you can see I'm saying Geeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooorge in every one of these pictures.  Actually I wasn't really mad I was glad he was there making me laugh.  In fact, these are the moments I remember how much I really love him.


Even Ella is mad at him!!!



After all the fun we had we were tuckered out.  Next up was resting and a little waiting, trying to keep my mind off of being hungry and being "put to sleep".  Snuggling with my little guy definitely helped.



Sorry Nicholas and Ella but Jack is the best snuggler.  He has always loved to snuggle and would sit with you for days if you wanted.  I love it. 

As they were wheeling me in to the operating room they gave me one sleeping medication and one pain medication.  I immediately started barfing.  Good times.  That's the last thing I remember.  I woke up with a strong sense of urgency to go.... it hasn't gone away and it's very highly irritating.  Think having 12 beers and not being able to pee.  That's what it feels like.  I'm not much fun right now.  I'm hoping a good night's sleep will help. 

I hope this is my last surgery post because I have enough of these fancy socks. 


Thanks for all your support everyone!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Happy to hear everything went well. Hopefully this is the end of the bad luck. I will call you soon.

Anonymous said...

You guys crack me up!
Glad everything "came out OK."

xoxo

Anonymous said...

How anyone can make surgery pre op fun is awesome! Keep up Angie's advice! Hope you feel back to "normal"...........G.

Anonymous said...

How anyone can make surgery pre op fun is awesome! Keep up Angie's advice! Hope you feel back to "normal"...........G.

Post a Comment