Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Susan Dialogues

After PT this morning I came home and started having internal dialogue on the couch.  Should I go on a run?  I really don't feel like doing anything.  I've waited for this moment for over a week, to be all by myself with "nothing" to do.  I really should go.  I haven't worked out in 5 days.  Yeah but I was sick for 3 of those days so those don't count.  Wait, what?  5 days!!!  OMG I really need to go, but I've got so many more important things to do.



Ok I'm going, I'm going.  Sheesh, do you have to be so rude self? 

I took some pre-run photos to further delay any real form of exercise. 



The significance of this picture is not the serious face, the non existent biceps or the awesome Marika sports bra (black underneath).  Oh no, the significance is that when I put my Cannon on self portrait, continuous for 10 shots I threw my arms up in the air like this without even thinking about it!  This is major progress people!  MAJOR!  I did a little celebratory dance.  Feel free to pause for a moment and do a little jig yourself. 

Oh the run. Yes I did finally go telling myself to just go out and do 3 miles and not worry about pace and all that jazz.

Run:
Mile 1:  11:24
Mile 2:  11:23
Mile 3:   10:46
Total:  33:35
Average:  11:11

As usual, I didn't look at my garmin until I heard that first mile "ding".  I have a minor confession.  I thought I was running really fast!  When my garmin buzzed denoting my first mile was complete I really thought I was going to see 10:30 or better.  I was so disheartened when I saw 11:24. I really couldn't believe it.  I had more internal dialogue.  My garmin is broken?  Really?  How could it be broken?  Ok it's not broken, you're just moving a little slower than you thought.  NOOOO it must be broken.  Damn it that thing is practically new!  Susan, let's think logically it is NOT borken.  Damn damn damn I'm running an 11:24 mile.  I decided I could laugh or cry.  I laughed!  I took the pressure off myself, which shouldn't have been there in the first place, and I continued on.  I'm really glad that I went because after 33 minutes and 35 seconds I no longer had to struggle with myself about whether or not I should or shouldn't go.  I went, it was over and it felt good (as always). 

I wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake tonight but when I laid out all my ingredients I realized I didn't have a springform pan.  Bummer.  I don't know what I thought I would use to bake it.  The pan was just a minor detail I didn't bother with until, well until it's time to make cheesecake and I went to get my pan.  Thankfully I hadn't mixed anything yet, as I was still just setting out my ingredients.   

The dialogue begins:  Should I make the cheesecake in a pie pan?  Should I use a casserole dish?  Why do all my pans have to be packed in storage?  Not like I have a springform pan in there anyway.  If I make it in the pie pan there will be tons of filling left.  Oh I bet that's good eaten raw or mixed with ice cream.  Focus Susan focus.  If you make the cheesecake now it won't be pretty.  I could have George stop after hockey and get a pan.  He'll kill me.  I wont' feel like making it then anyway.  *sigh* I'll wait until tomorrow and buy the pan myself. 

All you bloggies will just have to wait for Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake!  Don't worry it is TOTALLY worth waiting for. 



I hope mine turns out as pretty but let's not get our hopes up K? 


P.S.  Jack had his shoes on the wrong feet all day today


and this wasn't the first time... Remember?


Dear Self:  You rock, even if you do put your kid's shoes on the wrong feet.  Buy a springform pan tomorrow!  Love ya!  Me

8 comments:

Tracey said...

You are so funny. Glad you got out for your run. It is always so hard to get going, but once you do, you feel so much better. Just like tonight- I should be running, can't get myself to do it, so I will sit on the couch, eat and watch the Biggest Loser and feel guilty about it all day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Wish your motivation tactic would work for moi! No such luck. Maybe a sweet new Marika sports bra? Or new kicks? Or some new songs on the ipod? Maybe I need a talk with myself???

Anonymous said...

Susan: you are going to deform that kid FOCUS - nice job with the arms and the run! Again A M A Z I N G......... G.

A-Nik said...

Too damn funny. Poor JEB! It's always the last kid that slips through the cracks. I have a springform pan, btw, from Williams Sonoma ;). Never used it. hahahahaha

Jen said...

Thanks for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

Susan: you are going to deform that kid FOCUS - nice job with the arms and the run! Again A M A Z I N G......... G.

Anonymous said...

Wish your motivation tactic would work for moi! No such luck. Maybe a sweet new Marika sports bra? Or new kicks? Or some new songs on the ipod? Maybe I need a talk with myself???

Tracey said...

You are so funny. Glad you got out for your run. It is always so hard to get going, but once you do, you feel so much better. Just like tonight- I should be running, can't get myself to do it, so I will sit on the couch, eat and watch the Biggest Loser and feel guilty about it all day tomorrow!

Post a Comment