Friday, November 26, 2010

A Charlie Brown Christmas

If you know me IRL (in real life) then you know I love to decorate for Christmas.  I think at last count there were 20 or so Christmas totes full of decorations in the attic.  All those decorations are now in storage and, therefore, inaccessible to me.  I usually do two different trees and honestly I enjoy every single moment of the decorating (just not taking it down).





When it came to decorating this year, I came up with an idea.  I've wanted to get the kids Christmas trees for their bedrooms for a long time.  So I thought this year I would buy them each a mini tree that we could use as our main Christmas trees this year and then next year they could use them in their rooms.  It sounded like a great idea but know I'm feeling like I'm having a bit of a Charlie Brown Christmas. 



George reminded me that it really didn't matter what the trees looked like; the kids loved them.  We had a really fun time putting up the trees and making some homemade decorations.



We might not have the biggest trees, they are just Jacks' size and Nicholas towers over them, but we are plentiful in so many other ways. 



We might have a pink tree, yes that's right pink, but we've got one tickled (pink) little girl to go with it.


My favorite part of putting up the tree each year is unwrapping each ornament and seeing the kids faces light up as the remember where we got each one and recalling which one belonged to whom.  I definitely missed that this year but I still saw cheery faces and happy memories being made.




I hope they will FONDLY remember the year that we got their "bedroom" trees and made paper chain garland.  The year we spent $100 at Walmart but made priceless memories creating something of their own.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This the absolute best memory so far. How great is this!! You are a super MOM! xoxo G.

Anonymous said...

How fun!
I agree with G.
And look how thin you look in that first picture! Seriously. And that's after Thanksgiving! ha.
xoxo

Post a Comment