Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Never Give Up

The theme for Summer/Fall of 2010 is... That which does not kill me will only make me stronger. 
June 27, 2010  I crashed my bike into a ditch and broke my shoulder and wrist.


It would take 9 days for them to figure out what to do with me but on July 6th, I would finally have surgery to insert pins in my arm to hold the bone in place while my shoulder healed.



About 7 weeks of bed rest ensued.  I spent a lot of time watching Keeping up with the Kardashians and discovered Pretty Little Liars (bed rest was not all bad) and did a lot of online shopping.


On July 20th George wrecked my car into a pole going 10 mph and did $17,000 worth of damage. 



In the beginning of August I had my pins removed and single handily brought sexy back.


On August 21st I moved my family half way across the country without a place to live. 


On September 21st I had my third shoulder surgery to manipulate my arm.


On October 10th I spent the night in the ER to discover that I had kidney stones.  I was unable to pass it on my own and had to have surgery on October 22nd to have it removed.



I'm facing two more surgeries in 2010.  One to scope the scar tissue in my shoulder and one to blast another kidney stone. 

Last night, November 17th, I wrecked my car backing into another vehicle.


Today I wake up and my car wouldn't start.  I spent the morning with my 3 year old getting a new battery.


No Summer/Fall winter shall last forever, no spring skips a turn.  Never, never, give up! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 3 yr. old got a new battery??? Whew! Ahhh....I am so glad to hear you say "never give up" It's a good statement to live by. Chins up - it will get better and it isn't all bad anyway - just look at yesterday's blog! xoxo G.

A-Nik said...

Sending you a new cycle right away!!!

Anonymous said...

Your 3 yr. old got a new battery??? Whew! Ahhh....I am so glad to hear you say "never give up" It's a good statement to live by. Chins up - it will get better and it isn't all bad anyway - just look at yesterday's blog! xoxo G.

Post a Comment