Monday, November 8, 2010

Stretch and Snap Works Every Time

Well today was doctor day.  I guess at this point, however, I need to specify.  Today I saw the orthopedic.  You know what that means right?  Lots of waiting around and lots of goofing off. 




Basically it's just a check up to evaluate my range of motion and assess if I'm going to need the arthroscopic surgery.  At this point it isn't looking good for me.  I think he'd really like to give it a little more time to see if it loosens up on it's own but I'm insisting if I'm going to have it done I have it done in 2010.  I'm well beyond my $2500 individual deductible and I don't want to have to pay more than I have to.  Honestly with all my medical bills (they are outrageous) can you blame me?  I have another appointment the first week of December and the final decision will be made then.

With doctor day comes picture stretching day (The Stretch and Snap).  You'll be glad to know I'm sans make-up and hair product but I DO have on a bra.  Hey I was already in my jams. 

Let's compare shall we.  It's been exactly three weeks since my last visit (and photo session).


The only things that looks like it's changed here is the amount of pain on my face.  Essentially my arm doesn't move beyond my ear. 


It's kind of hard to tell here (mainly due to my bad photo placement) but I don't think much has changed.  One thing is for sure, it doesn't feel any easier and I still have to use my back scratcher. 




The last two pictures show the real problem.  My external rotation is severely limited.  At first glance you probably don't even notice (not in the pictures anyway) but there is a significant difference between rotation in the good arm (top photo) and the bad arm (bottom photo).  Nevertheless, what IS obvious (once I point it out to you) is the compensation I have to make in order to get the rotation.  Look at the top picture where my shoulders are nice and even; straight across.  I'm not compensating to move my right arm out.  In the second picture, check out what I have to do just to get my arm to move.  I didn't even REALLY know I did this until I looked at the pictures.  I mean I know I make compensatory movements but I had no idea it was THAT bad and for such a simple movement. 

I'm sure by now you're all bored to tears and asking yourself why you're still reading.  I apologize but my mom really wanted to know.  So there you go mom! 

Who knew one "little" ride would turn into so much a big mess. 



That left hand on my hip is just mocking me!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sad part is, your insurance company probably could have saved lots of money, and your pain and suffering, if they had just approved more PT. I mean, seriously. Now another surgery? It's not rocket science. So, after surgery, guess what? MORE PT!!!

Sorry.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sorry you might have to have sx after all. You are alive and basically well, so...... what will be will, be.......good luck.......xoxo G.

A-Nik said...

The last two pics (external rotation) looks like you are starting a new dance move and are showing it step by step. Hahahahahaha!

Just trying to make you laugh!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you might have to have sx after all. You are alive and basically well, so...... what will be will, be.......good luck.......xoxo G.

Anonymous said...

The sad part is, your insurance company probably could have saved lots of money, and your pain and suffering, if they had just approved more PT. I mean, seriously. Now another surgery? It's not rocket science. So, after surgery, guess what? MORE PT!!!

Sorry.

xoxo

Post a Comment