Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You Can Bet Your Turkey On It

Is it really November already?  It seems like the weeks keep going by faster and faster.  I'm afraid I'm going to wake up tomorrow and it's going to be Christmas.  I know that we just celebrated Halloween but I'm having a hard time believing we are in November already.  I'm going to have to make Thanksgiving dinner soon.  So really it's November?  You can bet your turkey on it.

Nothing says November like jeggings (these are for you Angie), a flannel shirt and Uggs. 



You're glad it wasn't me in the jeggings right?  Well that's only because mine are in storage.  Be prepared!  Ella and I have our twin day planned!  Am I serious?  You can bet your turkey on it.

What else says November?  Family turkey projects.  For Nicholas' class we were given a plain white paper turkey that, as a family, we were to decorate however we wanted.  I hate such broad directions.  It makes me feel so pressured to do something REALLY good.  Remember, I just discovered my crafty gene


The basic premise that I came up with was to cover the white turkey with colored foam.  I, meaning me, myself and I, had to cut and trace every single part of this darn turkey.  I thought this was a family project?  It didn't take long before I recruited George for help.  He tried to say he was supervising but we all know who runs the show around here.  It's me and you can bet your turkey on it.





When we started the project everyone was sitting nicely around the turkey helping out.  I figured I'd ask the kids if they had any idea about the meaning of Thanksgiving and give the ole "What are you thankful for?" a try. 

Nicholas told me the meaning of Thanksgiving was to give thanks for what you have and to show kindness to everyone around you.  He said he was thankful for everything he has in life.  Ella had no thoughts on what Thanksgiving really is but said she was thankful for "nice ole mama".  Jack, well Jack said he was thankful for candy.  He's still a little stuck on Halloween

So what am I thankful for?  Oh my I don't think I could eloquently describe all the things in life I should have gratitude for.  What's that?  You think I should.  Oh ok, you talked me into it, I'll try. 

I'm thankful for my three beautiful children.  I'm thankful that every day I wake up and can experience their sweet kisses and hear their giggles.  I'm thankful that they're healthy with all working parts.  I'm thankful that they are happy, well adjusted, intelligent, strong willed (eh hem Jack) children.  I'm thankful for their father, my husband, a kind, giving man who treats me better than I deserve.  I'm thankful for my family and friends.  I know from experience when the going gets tough I have A LOT of people to turn to for support.  I love and cherish each one of you.  I'm thankful for my blog and my readers.  It brings me so much joy to write and see that people are reading. I'm thankful to those of you who have reached out to me and let me know that my blog has helped or inspired you.  THAT means more to me than I can express.  It truly makes me so happy.  I am thankful for my health and my body.  My body has been through a lot this year and it keeps on being strong and allowing me to do the things I love.  I'm thankful for all the gifts God has given me in life and I ask that I learn not to take so much for granted.  Do I know that I'm awfully lucky?  You can bet your turkey on it.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Love the turkey! Owen got the same one home and had to "disguise" it. He made it into a NY Yankee player (with a lot of help from us). It came out cute.

Anyway, you do have a lot to be thankful for. You are such a great mom and have wonderful kids. I am thankful that you are my friend and that you write such a terrific blog.

Can't wait to see you in the jeggings and flannel shirt- I remember when you bought them. Megan has a pair also. I just can't get myself to get my own pair. I can't even get myself to buy a pair of boots. I will never be in fashion. Megan will be one of those kids who is embarrassed by what her mom wears!

Anonymous said...

Great turkey! You are so right about being thankful. We all have to stop and think about it. This blog reminds me everyday how thankful I am to know you!! xoxo G.

Angela said...

Ella looks cute in the jeggings. Thanks for the shout out. ;)

Love today's blog.

Tracey said...

Love the turkey! Owen got the same one home and had to "disguise" it. He made it into a NY Yankee player (with a lot of help from us). It came out cute.

Anyway, you do have a lot to be thankful for. You are such a great mom and have wonderful kids. I am thankful that you are my friend and that you write such a terrific blog.

Can't wait to see you in the jeggings and flannel shirt- I remember when you bought them. Megan has a pair also. I just can't get myself to get my own pair. I can't even get myself to buy a pair of boots. I will never be in fashion. Megan will be one of those kids who is embarrassed by what her mom wears!

Angela said...

Ella looks cute in the jeggings. Thanks for the shout out. ;)

Love today's blog.

Post a Comment