Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ain't Nothing But the Real Thing Baby

I woke up this morning with 6 miles looming over my head.  What to do what to do?  It was chilly outside (in the 30s) and I was feeling awfully comfy in my yoga pants and sweatshirt.  I wouldn't skip my run; I would get out there and do it.  I decided, to beat the cold, I would do it on the treadmill.  Who am I?  I only wound up doing 4 miles.  Ahhhh fudge! 


George said these are stripper shorts, I call them anti-chafe


I justified my four miles because I am running the half marathon on Sunday but I'm following my MARATHON training plan.  I should really be in "taper" mode right now.  Although I'm not planning on running my half for any specific time, I'd still like my legs to feel fresh and ready.  I'm supposed to do 3 miles tomorrow but I might do them on the elliptical rather than the treadmill.  I think doing so will give me fresh legs for Sunday.  The weather for Sunday is supposed to be our coldest day I've experienced in Texas thus far.  The overnight low is 32 with a high of 58.  It's going to be cold at 8:00 am.  Ahhhh fudge!

By now I'm sure everyone knows about my accident and subsequent surgeries.  In the midst of everything I also got kidney stones and had to have surgery to have one removed.  I've had so many x-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, blood draws, urinalyses (that is the plural, I googled it) not to mention doctor visits and physical therapy.  NOT a good time to be on an 80/20 HSA high deductible plan.  Oh foresight why are your not as smart as your hindsight friend?  Needless to say, my bills are OUTRAGEOUS.   I can't even begin to tell who we owe what but it has now hit $10,000 (our maximum out of pocket) just in time to start the new year.  Ahhhh Fudge!


Remember when I said I wasn't going to get stressed out?  I'm really trying to remind myself that my worrying or stressing over anything isn't going to change anything.   When life hands you lemons.... make fudge (no lemons required).  It does, however, have to be EASY fudge because that's how I roll.  My mom made this when we were kids and even though it's not the "real thing" it tastes pretty delicious and the whole process takes 15 minutes or so.

Ahhhh Fudge
Ingredients




3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan
Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted.
Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended.
Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.





If this doesn't make you feel better you can always do the REAL THING and I'm not talking recipes.  You know, drop the "F" bomb.  Ahhhh.... Well, I think you get the idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rotflmfao!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

LMAO - FUDGE! xoxo G.

Tracey said...

You don't want to run when it is in the 30s? What happened to the Susan who talked me into running in the frigid negative temps? You are becoming spoiled down there! As for the shorts, not too many people can wear shorts like those and look good in them (you are definitely one who can wear them). Good luck this weekend. I know you are doing it as a training run and I know you will have no problem finishing. Keep up the great work! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

LMAO - FUDGE! xoxo G.

Post a Comment