Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All About Me

As a blogger (I use that term loosely) you can imagine I read a LOT of other blogs.  So many, in fact, that my husband asks me EVERY evening, "WHAT are you doing over there?" as I have my face buried in the computer screen.  Ok so maybe there is some facebooking going on too but you get the general idea.

I have a lot of favorite blogs (which you can see over there ------------------------>  now scroll down).  One of them is SkinnyRunner.  Skinny Runner is a super funny gal and super fast runner who runs, what seems to me like, a marathon every other week.  Skinny Runner will help out little new blogs like mine by featuring them on her blog.  So yesterday I wrote her an email asking if she'd feature MomSwimBikeRun and today she did! You can check it out here if you'd like. 

My first thought when I saw I had been featured on her blog was OMG what did I write about yesterday.  When I realized that yesterday's blog was all about my childhood Christmas memories I cringed.  I thought to myself, "that's not about running" and "that wasn't funny".  I immediately started stressing. 



Then suddenly I had an epiphany.  I write my blog for me and I don't have to meet anyone's expectations but my own.  Of course I want people to read it and more importantly like it, but I realize not everyone will.  I may never be "famous" or have a blog read by 1000s a day but I have something that is very special to ME.



I already know that the memories I've captured, after writing my blog for only a few short months, are priceless.  They are memories for me and for my children.  Nothing in life is guaranteed and if God decides it's my time to leave this earth tomorrow I know my kids will have something tangible that showed them how much I loved them. 



I've said it before, and I'll say it again now, there is a reason my blog is MOMSwimBikeRun and not SwimBikeRunMOM.  Being a mom is my absolute priority.  Naturally the majority of what's featured on the blog is going to be about my kids. 



So if you've been reading from the beginning or if you're just checking my blog out for the first time I think you can see my blog is REAL.  It is a real account of my everyday life.  It might be funny, it might not.  It might be about running, it might not.  One thing it will be is a glimpse into my life; a glimpse into the life of a busy mom living a hectic life and trying to balance it all. 



Yes I write my blog for ME but I'm writing about a journey; the journey of my life and one I don't want to take alone. 

9 comments:

broberts said...

I like reading ur blog when i get a chance sdt. i think its awesome how ur able to pull it all off and u place ur fam above all ,.btw deedee had 8 humira orders in the cooler for the next day that had needs by dates of today that kept me at wallyworld til 9 oclock FML. take care hope the shoulders better GO STEELERS

Austin Mom said...

Pointed this way by skinny runner - excited to read your blog. Loved that you're a fellow Austinite - great place to run! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing this. It's FUNNY, informative and just plain awesome! xoxo G.

Ryan Schade said...

You are strong willed Susan and we miss you up here in Pittsburgh and i read your blog when i can. Love all of the pictures! Miss all you guys!

Ryan

Tyly said...

Are you a Steeler fan? I'm a HUGE Steelers fan!!!

I felt like such a celebrity when SR hosted me! I have gained so many readers/blog to read! I love yours, and I will definitely be adding you to my reader.

How do you like the Austin area? I'm an hour away!

PS - your kids are gorgeous, and so are you!

Ronald said...

Hey nice picture with the rose in your mouth...didn't you steal that from our wedding centerpieces! :)

Ronald said...

Hey nice picture with the rose in your mouth...didn't you steal that from our wedding centerpieces! :)

broberts said...

I like reading ur blog when i get a chance sdt. i think its awesome how ur able to pull it all off and u place ur fam above all ,.btw deedee had 8 humira orders in the cooler for the next day that had needs by dates of today that kept me at wallyworld til 9 oclock FML. take care hope the shoulders better GO STEELERS

Austin Mom said...

Pointed this way by skinny runner - excited to read your blog. Loved that you're a fellow Austinite - great place to run! :)

Post a Comment