Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

I'm back to the land of the Internet.  I feel like I should update you on the going ons of the past fews days but that would be tedious for me and boring for you.  So let's pretend like my 2 day sabbatical never happened.  K? 

Tomorrow I will be getting my hair done for the first time in over 4 months.  My hair has been mostly short during my adult life and up until just over a year ago it was also blonde.  I never thought I could give up the blonde locks but I actually like myself MUCH better as a brunette.  God knew what he was doing. 

First day as a brunette since I was 14 years old
I really thought I'd miss being a blonde, and in the beginning I really did, but who says blondes have more fun?  I'm still having a good ole time. 


What I've realized by looking back at my pictures is that I haven't had much variety in the past 2 years with my hair.  I've either had no bangs.




Or I've had bangs. 


I really haven't had much variety.  I've growing my hair for about 6 months now and I'm getting the itch to cut it off.  This is the longest my hair has been since I got married 9 years ago. 


I just feel like it's a little boring and plain.  First of all my color is dull and needs done badly but I'd like to have a little fun with it.  The all one length thing isn't really my style.  So I find myself thinking about bangs again.  Not bangs like straight across but bangs that can lie across my forehead to the side.


Like this only longer
Mariska Hargitay has always been my go-to girl for hairstyles since I've gone brunette and I keep coming back to this picture.


I love the color and the cut but I do think I want to keep it longer so I'm going to see if I can incorporate this cut into something longer. 

I can't believe that I just dedicated a whole entire blog post to my hair!!!  I guess YOU are probably not surprised.  I promise my shoulder is starting to feel a little better and I'll be getting back into the fitness swing of things again soon.  It is almost January 1st after all.  I've got to get my fitness goals in line.  I may have a few races up my sleeve. 

See you tomorrow, with new hair.  You know, I'll get bangs! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment