Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jazz Hands Everyone

When I first moved to Texas I immediately wanted to sign up to volunteer at my kids' schools.  Now that I'm not working I really have no excuse for not giving as much time as possible.  Being a mom is my job after all and, as a result, I am the room mom for both Ella's and Jack's classes.  Unfortunately by the time I went to sign up for Nicholas' school there wasn't much left to "head up".  They did have a slot open for the chairperson for the Breakfast with Santa event. 

Since Christmas is right up my alley I decided I should just sign up.  How hard could it be?  Since early September I have been planning, along with my committee, the event that FINALLY took place today.  Breakfast, crafts, shopping and photos with Santa for 500 people.










I couldn't think of a better way to get my feet wet than to jump right in and do something this big.  I'm sooooooo happy that I did it.  Seeing the event come to life was like planning my wedding all over again.


I am so happy to have met a lot of great people and be shown the ropes around Nicholas' new school. Even though at times planning was a little stressful, over all it was smooth sailing.  I'm sure there will be suggestions for how things could be done better next year.  On the same token, this year was better than last after what we had learned from last year. 

I would be remiss if I didn't talk about Nicholas' performance.  He hasn't changed since his first school performance way back in Pre-K3.  Nicholas has always been shy and very nervous but pulls through with a great performance.  This year, more than ever, you could see how nervous he was.


He told me all the people scared him but, as always, he put his heart into the performance and he did have fun. 

So much hard work and effort went into pulling this event off for our children and I am honored to have been a part of it.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm totally glad the event is over but, knowing it all came together and was a success makes me very happy.  Happy enough for say.... Jazz hands!

3 comments:

A-Nik said...

Awesome!! Glad it went well. I can't believe how much Jack is smiling lately! He must really love Texas!

Anonymous said...

Great job Susan, I forgot all about this big project. I totally agree, Jack is really happy these days and it all has to do with his MA MA being home with him. ahhhhhhhhhh xoxo G.

Anonymous said...

Great job Susan, I forgot all about this big project. I totally agree, Jack is really happy these days and it all has to do with his MA MA being home with him. ahhhhhhhhhh xoxo G.

Post a Comment