Monday, December 6, 2010

Let the Baking Begin and Other Nonsense

Today was doctor day.  I went to see my ortho today to determine if he would, in fact, do surgery.  Any guesses on what the outcome was?  Yes of course, I will be having surgery.   Normally I'd take snazzy pictures me in my jam pants to show you my stretches, but honestly they haven't improved much from the last time anyway so I didn't bother.  They're calling to set up my surgery tomorrow and it will happen in 2010 I just don't know when yet.  I'm hoping it will be next Tuesday or Thursday.  Ok Ok here's my jammie pics.  You talked me into it.


Isn't my husband a lucky man?  That's some sexy sleeping attire.  Also note to self:  horizontal stripes are not a good look on one's behind.  Noted!

Anyway, what I hope you can see from the pictures  is the distinct difference between my right and left arm on my overhead stretch (and my right arm could go MUCH further) and the fact that I am unable to scratch the middle of my back.  Quite frankly, that's just a pain in my ass.  I really think I could benefit in my daily life with any increased range of motion I get from the surgery and that's why I've decided to move forward.  I really hope this whole saga ends here!  I've had enough.

On to bigger and better things.  LET THE BAKING BEGIN.


Believe it or not, I sent an email to George with a list of all the things I needed to bake all kinds of holiday yumminess.  He actually got just about everything right.  Note to George:  Strawberry spreadable preserves does not equal strawberry jam.  I can't complain though; seriously how many men would shop for their wives baking items without moaning and groaning about it.

Here was the list I sent him: 

butter3 cups
cream cheese 16 ounces
eggs 1 dozen
margarine 2 3/4 cup
almonds2 cups
walnuts2.5 cups
pecans1 cup
strawberry jam 2/3 cup
brownie mix w syrup
powdered sugar1 large bag
sugar 5 2/3 cups
choc chips12 oz
cocoa 1/4 cup
flour 11 cups
marshmallow cream 14 oz (2 jars)
kisses 36 kisses
kisses (caramel)66 kisses
peanut butter 2 cups

Let us not be fooled, he just wants to reap the rewards of my baking.  Remember honey this is what 195 looks like.


Fear not, you know your Walmart ladies will always think you're sexy... Ok and I will too.  So eat up!!

Hershey's Caramel Thumbprint Cookies

Ingredients

 66 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates filled with Caramel
1 family size (13x9-in. pan) original supreme brownie mix with HERSHEY'S Syrup Pouch
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 cup ground pecans (optional)
2 teaspoons milk


Directions
1. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.





2. Beat brownie mix, pouch of syrup, cocoa, eggs, oil and water in medium bowl until well blended. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled (dough will still be sticky).

3. Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 48 1-inch balls. (Return dough to refrigerator if necessary or drop by rounded teaspoons onto wax paper-lined trays and refrigerate about 10 minutes.) Roll balls in pecans, if desired. Place on prepared cookie sheet; press thumb gently in center of each cookie. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.



4. Place 18 caramel filled chocolates and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and smooth when stirred. Spoon slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon caramel filling in each indentation. Lightly press chocolate in center of each cookie. 48 cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those cookies look great! I'm surprised there were any kisses left for the cookies with those two helping!!! Sorry about your surgery. I thought you were having that other surgery next week. Did you postpone that one? Good Luck to you. You sure are a trooper! Oh and kudos to Geo. for shopping for you! xoxo G.

K cubed said...

Those cookies do look amazing. May have to try them

Post a Comment