Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

Think about how much thought, time and energy goes into Christmas.  When did you start planning for Christmas?  December 26th last year?  August?  November?  You spend so much time planning and half the time you're not quite sure come December 26th someone is not standing in a return line with the gift you've purchased for them.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

I spent almost the entire month of December consumed with all things Christmas, but even before December I was buying gifts and mentally preparing.  Despite spending 30 plus days planning, all the fun was over in just 16 minutes.  That's right!  From the time the kids walked into the living room until the time the last gift was opened 16 minutes had passed.  Those 16 minutes, however, were pure fun and excitement; the kind only a child can experience. 

Nicholas was the first one in, beyond excited to see what Santa had brought. 



Jack looked overwhelmed, as if he hadn't remembered what Christmas morning was from past years.  Don't get me wrong he has been excited for Christmas morning for a VERY long time, but I'm still not sure he knew quite what to expect.



Trust me it took him no time at all to get right to it.  He was not timid at all.  He dug right in opening gift after gift without pause.





Nicholas took things more slowly and started with his stocking.  He tired quickly of body wash and pajama pants and moved on to the bigger gifts.  I had strategically placed his "number one" gift in the back in hopes that he would open it last.  There is a disadvantage to having a bright child; he picked that sucker right up and opened it first. 






Ella, God love her, she knew I was snapping pictures and stopped and posed for every one.  I hoped to catch her in her natural state, but for most pictures she'd stop what she was doing, smile form ear to ear, and then move on.






She too was able to pick out the package of her "favorite" gift and opened it almost right away.  (So much for my strategic planning)  Even though she knew what was inside, she just couldn't believe her moment to receive "her dream" had arrived. 



It doesn't matter to me that the whole thing ended in 16 minutes because the fun lasted all day.  For once we had nowhere to be, no one to see, no obligations or schedules.  The kids played non stop ALL DAY LONG and honestly I don't remember a day where I've seen them happier.  That's one gift I won't be returning and I've got all the thoughts that count too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO SO glad that had Christmas day to enjoy what santa brought. It's important! Remember that. xoxo G.

A-Nik said...

<3

A-Nik said...

<3

Anonymous said...

I'm SO SO glad that had Christmas day to enjoy what santa brought. It's important! Remember that. xoxo G.

Post a Comment