Thursday, December 2, 2010

Picture Perfect

Ugh! I set out to take pictures for the annual Christmas card today.  I took over 90 pictures and I am hard pressed to have ONE picture to make a successful card.  It is due, in part, to the lighting in and size of my lovely abode.  Have I mentioned lately that I CAN.NOT.WAIT until our house is finished?

I have such a type A personality when it comes to stuff like this, I expect everything to be perfect.  Let's just say when you're dealing with 3 children ages 7 and under things aren't going to be perfect. 



The sooner I learn to let things like this go, the sooner I can move on to the next phase.  (I haven't learned how to do this yet in my 36 29 years.) Let's face it who really remembers Christmas cards from year to year anyway?  I am under no delusions.  The people who receive this card are going to look at it for 10 seconds, throw it in the bin with all the rest and probably never look at it again. 

I, on the other hand, really do take notice of all the hard work that goes into getting a great Christmas card for everyone to enjoy.  So know if you're sending me a card, I'll appreciate all the work that went into it; right down to the matching return address labels. 

So forgive me friends for keeping this short and sweet as I try to crop, zoom and otherwise edit my way to success!


In order to not spoil the "surprise" all of these pictures are from Christmas 2009 but you get the picture (no pun intended). 

7 comments:

beachgooloo said...

I thought they looked familiar... I used to be totally crazy about the picture card... Moving changes that... I have also stopped sending cards... I felt like you, mine were looked at for 10 maybe less seconds... and then forgotten about, in addition to getting less & less cards in the mail... so as hard as it was for my TYPE A to the 10th power self, I gave up the photo cards ( well for now anyway ) . I will admit, I considered it just the other day... oh well... BUt, just so you know, I do pay attention to the cards & the effort into them, because I understand the work & time & perfectionism behind it. <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I look for more than 10 seconds. As a matter of FACT, 2009 is still on the side of my fridge and I look at it every day...okay so I'm unusual - no news to anyone! Can't wait for this year's TYPE A pic! xoxo G.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I won't have matching return address labels. LOSER! go ahead, say it, "subpar!"

xoxo

Can't wait to see 2010!

Tracey said...

At least you tried! I didn't even attempt a Christmas picture this year (partly because we aren't getting our tree until Sunday, and partly because I am lazy). I just used some pictures from throughout the year. I, too, will not have matching address labels. I am just happy to get them and all of my shopping done before Christmas day. Can't wait to see your card!

A-Nik said...

LOL - wait until you see our card this year!! I used an old pic...decided the "holiday" pics of the older kids are lame since they are being forced to do it and they hate it. (Wait...it was like that when they were little too). But, they won't wear their cute christmas pjs or anything like that anymore. I do, however, have matching return address labels, so I hope that you enjoy it this year. : )

Tyly said...

Ha! I am SOOO the same way!! I am very type A, and I do notice the tiniest of details. Best of luck with your editing!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I look for more than 10 seconds. As a matter of FACT, 2009 is still on the side of my fridge and I look at it every day...okay so I'm unusual - no news to anyone! Can't wait for this year's TYPE A pic! xoxo G.

Post a Comment