Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pretty Lights

Today was Jack's Christmas party at school.  He got to wear his jammies and do a lot of cool things, like make a gingerbread house, jingle bell necklace, Rudolph hat and reindeer food. 


Obviously not feeling the spirit



I admire the teachers who put on this kind of party for eleven 2 and 3 year olds.  I would NOT have the patience for this sort of thing. 

I think Jack was tired and in low blood sugar mode.  He perked up a little after the pizza and continued to perk up as he ate while decorating his gingerbread house.  What can I say; the boy likes to eat.  Obviously he takes after his father!




In keeping with the Christmas themed day we decided to carrying on the family tradition of seeing the "Pretty Lights".  Seeing the pretty lights is just visiting a holiday display of lights that is over the top.  Every city has something, somewhere to see.  I would procrastinate no more!  Tonight was the night.  We stopped at Starbucks and each ordered a holiday drink. 






We rolled down the windows to feel the "chilly" 54 degree air and let the drinks warm us up.  We had XM County Christmas blaring on the radio and we started to drive through the lights display.



At first George and I thought it was going to be lame but it wound up being really cool.  The kids loved it!  Driving up on each new light display and figuring out what each one is, is exciting for the kids. 

Here's one you wouldn't see in Pittsburgh!  



Having the windows rolled down with Nicholas and Ella leaning out the back windows, and Jack by Mommy's and Daddy's side is a memory I will not soon forget. 


I will tuck this memory deep inside my mind and remember it for years to come.  I know that the days of my kids being willing participants in these family traditions will end far too soon.   The teenage years will come and they'll be too cool to hang out with mom and dad seeing Christmas lights.  Maybe George and I will go alone and "remember when" or maybe when we're grandparents we'll get to do it all over again.  Whatever the case may be, I will happily soak in all these moments NOW and not take a single one for granted. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice display - wish we had been there :<( xoxo G.

Post a Comment