Saturday, December 18, 2010

Recap and Results

I haven't really spoken about my surgery that I had on Tuesday.  Partly because it was pretty uneventful and there isn't much to talk about and partly because I've been so busy.  I had arthroscopic surgery to remove (cut through) some scar tissue.  I have a lot of scar tissue that is apparently limiting my mobility.  Because the scar tissue is adhering to the bone?? when I try to move my arm it gets "locked" in place.  By cutting away at the scar tissue I should gain mobility. 

from front

from back

under arm

Since Tuesday I've been going to Physical therapy every day.  My arm is pretty sore and right now it's not moving much beyond what it did before surgery.  I guess that is normal but it is hard not to be discouraged by my lack of progress.  As long as I'm not losing anything, I guess we're good.  The point, as always, is to keep it moving so the scar tissue does not adhere back down and limit my mobility.  I had/have A LOT of scar tissue.  *Sigh* 

Beware more sexy jammie pictures are coming.  I'm sporting the red and green trying to be festive. 




See not much has changed so it's kind of hard not to be disappointed.  I'm hoping as the swelling and pain decrease I will gain motion.  I don't want to look back and say the surgery wasn't worth it. 

There you have it.  My surgery recap and results.  What more could you want out of a Saturday night? 

At least there is something to look forward to; tomorrow Ella and I are going to the Rockettes Radio City Christmas Spectacular.  We both have new dresses and I'm not sure who is more excited. 

5 comments:

beachgooloo said...

AWWW No worries... You are still swollen... It will be good... Can't wait to hear about the ROCKETTES night!!!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think your motion looks better. OK?
Have fun at the Rockettes. I saw them in New York many moons, and another lifetime, ago. It's incredible.
Be patient, Mama.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

My gosh I sure hope it was worth it! Rockettes here you come!! xoxo G.

K cubed said...

your motion looks a lot better and I am not even saying that according to that fancy tool we use in the clinic. You are not substituting with your whole body anymore.

beachgooloo said...

AWWW No worries... You are still swollen... It will be good... Can't wait to hear about the ROCKETTES night!!!!!! <3

Post a Comment