Monday, December 27, 2010

Shop 'til You Drop or Leave the House at 10 pm

As of this morning my bag had still not shown up.  I'll be wearing the same clothes again today.  I feel like a little old lady wearing the same outfit over and over again without it being washed and not in a good way.

Today was the day of shopping.  I had to do all the Christmas shopping for George's family as we are leaving tomorrow to see them.  They live in a small town just outside of State College, Pennsylvania, about 2.5 hours away from Pittsburgh.  I know I procrastinate a lot, but that was not the case this time.  I just couldn't see buying all the presents in Texas and trying to ship or transport them to Pennsylvania.  It has been my plan all along to spend the day shopping.

Who doesn't love shopping though.  Just "the girls" went-- Ella, my sister Amy, my niece Abbey and myself. 

My Beautiful Sister Amy (AKA MiMi)

We started off with lunch at, none other than, MOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you know me at all, you know I have Moe's love.  Actually it's really just Moe's queso love and it is a love I've passed down to my daughter.

Ella and my gorg niece Abbey

After we were fueled, we headed to the mall.  The mall was INSANE.  It was so busy and hot I wanted to poke my eyeballs out with an ice pick.  Yes that bad.  Yes I love to shop but he crowds were a tad overwhelming and I wasn't feeling it.  I did manage to find some nice things for George's family so I am excited about that. 

We shopped until almost dinner time.  I dropped the kids at my mom's house and headed out to dinner with my sister and her family.  That might sound a tad rude but my mom was really excited to hang out with the kids.... wait, I think!  Right mom? 

We wound up at Bucca di Beppo with my family.  I don't know why but it always seems to be my go to suggestion when eating out with big groups of people.  I love the food and atmosphere and you can make a reservation. 


I'll admit it felt kind of odd to be out amongst all adults.  I didn't have to make 12 bathroom stops, wipe anyone's face, order milk or referee any bickering.  It was all just good fun with family and I really enjoyed it.

My bag finally came so I promise I'll wear a different outfit tomorrow

George, brother in law Brian and nephew Andrew
After dinner we came back to my sister's house for an intense game of "Who am I?".  Someone picks a person for you to be and tapes the name of that person on your forehead for everyone else to see.  You, however, do not know who the "character" is.  You then get to ask yes or no questions about your person until you can guess who it is.  Good times!




I thought the night was over as we were all pretty much in our "jammies" but it's now 10:15 pm and my niece just left to go hang out with her friends.  She and I did pretty much the exact same thing all day and I can barely form sentences and she's just leaving to go hang out.  It's hell to get old, maybe I'll just give in and wear this outfit again tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy day you had - great memories with the family. Who were you anyway? LOL xoxo G.

A-Nik said...

For future reference....Who I am? should always refer to a human. How is the hell was I supposed to guess that I was Mr. Potato Head? LOL!

Post a Comment