Saturday, December 11, 2010

Twas the Night Before Decker Challenge

Twas the night before Decker, when all through my mind
No good thoughts, and my belly is not kind.
The clothes are laid on my bed with care,
In hopes that the morning's weather would be fair.








The iPod is charged with a running playlist,
I really hope there is nothing I've missed.
I set out running tights, shoes and my hat,
I was going to wear compression sleeves but my arms are too fat.


I've fueled and I drank like it was my job,
I'm ready for the porta potty mob.
I've run the miles and put in the work,
Come tomorrow I hope I don't feel like a dork.


"Now Sleep! now, dream! now, wake and eat!
On, sports bra! On, race belt! On Garmin, On shoes on the feet!
To the top hills! Through the water stations with no fall!
Now run away! Run away! Run away all!"


I can't wait to hear my kids scream, cheer and whistle,
I hope the marathoners' don't lap me like a missile.
One thing is for sure, I'll put up a fight,
I'll report back to all, until then good-night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck - the fact that you are doing it at all is A MAAA ZING!!! Just like you! xoxo G.

Tracey said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Listen real close and you'll hear me cheer!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good Luck - the fact that you are doing it at all is A MAAA ZING!!! Just like you! xoxo G.

Post a Comment