Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back on Track

The fam and I spent over 10 hours traveling back to Austin today.  It was definitely bitter sweet leaving Pittsburgh. 



I had a great time with all my friends and family.  I hope everyone knows how much I love and adore them.  I felt spread so thin and didn't get to spend near the amount of time with any one of them, but cherished each moment I did get.  I will say one thing, being away makes me appreciate the time and each moment is that much sweeter.  I love you all! 








But yes we are back in Austin and back to the normal "grind".  I absolutely must get back on track... starting tomorrow.  If I were the type of girl that weighed myself (I am NOT anymore) I have a feeling I wouldn't be happy.  I haven't exercised at all in almost three weeks.  I took all my running gear to Pittsburgh but it never got used despite good intentions.  My arm is still painful (I'm not quite sure why) but I've pushed through the pain before and it proved to be better for me overall so that is my plan again.

My marathon training plan looks like this for the week:

Monday:  Cross train
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday:  4 miles
Thursday:  8 miles
Friday:  5 miles
Saturday:  rest
Sunday:  12 miles

One would think it would not be wise to just hop right back into training without skipping a beat, but I've never been accused of being overly intelligent ;)  I'm going to try to just jump right back in to the swing of things and pray for a good outcome and no injuries.

Bring it 2011!  I'm ready!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you go, but good luck with your training!!! xoxo G.

Tracey said...

Glad I got to see you- wish we could have gotten a run in. Good luck with training. One thing I noticed is that you have to run Wed, Thurs, Fri. You may want to run Mon or Tues instead and then take a rest day. It seems like not running for 3 weeks and then running a lot of miles 3 days in a row may be tough. Just my opinion.
Let me know how it goes.

Tracey said...

Glad I got to see you- wish we could have gotten a run in. Good luck with training. One thing I noticed is that you have to run Wed, Thurs, Fri. You may want to run Mon or Tues instead and then take a rest day. It seems like not running for 3 weeks and then running a lot of miles 3 days in a row may be tough. Just my opinion.
Let me know how it goes.

Post a Comment