Two years ago I set out on a mission to lose weight. It just so happens I began on January 1st. I don't think I called it a resolution but my actions were definitely determined and decided upon. Even though I'm not for resolutions per se I am for forming a course of action, sticking to it and completing your goals with determination.
In 2011 I will (with determination):
- Set a 5K personal record (Current Record: 29:33)
- Run a new distance race... I'm thinking a 10K. I'll be sure to get a PR on that one!
- Complete my first FULL marathon and stay alive. I'm currently registered and training for the Livestrong Austin Marathon. You are all aware I've had some set backs in my training but I'm determined to run this race. I have no particular time in mind; I honestly just want to finish. Ok ok I'll be honest, I'd love to finish in under 5 hours but at this point I don't know if that is possible. I will try... with determination. No matter what it's another PR.
- Complete an Olympic distance triathlon. I've only ever done a sprint distance.
|Yes I entered in the Clydesdale division ;). I don't know why I look 200 lbs |
I was the lightest I've been in years in July of 2009
- Ride 100 miles. I'd love to come back to Pittsburgh and do the Tour de Cure, the race that beat me this summer. In case you didn't know the Tour de Cure is the 100 mile ride where I crashed my bike in June. Even if I don't do THAT race I want to ride 100 miles to prove to myself that I can do it. I will never be TRULY satisfied until I've complete the 100 mile Pittsburgh Tour de Cure.
- Finally, I'd like to set a 1/2 marathon PR. My dream is to run a sub 2 hour half. I feel like if I stay healthy all year and through the summer I can do it in the fall. My current record is 2:09:22.
So there you have it; my personal fitness goals for 2011. Doable no?
What are your 2011 fitness or personal goals?