Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don’t See the Harm in One Cupcake

I suffer from low blood sugar crankiness.  I mean I actual suffer from crankiness but sometimes it’s really because of my low blood sugar.  Usually I bottom out around 3:00 in the afternoon.  Unfortunately for Nicholas that is just about homework time too. 

homework

I don’t want to take out my low blood sugar crankiness on my 7 year old and his second grade homework.  Seriously though, shouldn’t he be able to come up with ways to recycle around the house on his own? 

Every since I’ve starting upping my mileage for marathon training, my afternoon irritability seems to be worse than ever. 

I like to think I’m a pretty good intuitive eater.  Meaning I eat when I’m hungry and I don’t generally eat out of emotion or boredom (usually).  Now over eating and healthy food choices are an entirely different story. 

So yes I’m trying to fuel my body properly in order to compensate for so many calories burned during my long runs.  It just feels like I need to eat as much as a sumo wrestler just to keep myself satisfied.

So what’s this all about?  Well, sometimes you just NEED cupcakes!

eet beaterjtt beater

Excuse me while I go eat one hundred, you know to avoid being grouchy!

cupcake2

Some iced by Ella some by myself.  Can you tell any difference?

5 miles tomorrow.  I hope my feet hold up.  I got new shoes!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you tape your toes?
Try a little lean protein after your runs. ;)

xoxo

Angie said...

Your kids are so cute!!! The cupcakes look amazing, hope they were tasty! :)

Anonymous said...

No - please don't take it out on any of those kids.......who cares about your toes.......lolololo xoxoxox G.

Tracey said...

I like the new look of your page. I am the same way. I usually take a 10 minute snooze at 3:00. Helps me get through the rest of the day.

A-Nik said...

CUPCAKES!!!!! Awesome!

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

I think you should enjoy those cupcakes. They're better for you than a pill a Dr. would prescribe :) And they taste a heck of a lot better too!!

Ron said...

mmmmmm cupcakes...

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

I think you should enjoy those cupcakes. They're better for you than a pill a Dr. would prescribe :) And they taste a heck of a lot better too!!

Ron said...

mmmmmm cupcakes...

Angie said...

Your kids are so cute!!! The cupcakes look amazing, hope they were tasty! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you tape your toes?
Try a little lean protein after your runs. ;)

xoxo

Post a Comment