Friday, January 7, 2011

For the Bling of It

Around the blog world I kept hearing about something called Challenge 2011.  The challenge?  Run 12 races in 2011.  You can find all the information about the challenge on the website Run for the Bling of it here




At first I thought there was no way I could do 12 races in 2011.  That would be one a month.  However, today I sat down and typed out all the races I want to do based on the goals I set for 2011 and I think it is definitely doable. 

So... I've officially signed up for the challenge.  All you have to do is send an email saying you want to be involved in the challenge and then when you complete your race link your blog or photos showing off your bling.  Who doesn't love bling?  I do!!!!


Oh wait, wrong kind of bling



Here's what I'm planning to do to earn my bling.  I only have 10 races planned but will definitely do two 5Ks (TBD) to make 12. 


DateName
February 20thLivestrong Austin Marathon 
March 27th Statesman Capital 10K 
April 3rdAustin Autism Ride (100 K) 
April 16th Zooma 1/2 marathon 
May 7thShiner Ride (G.A.S.P.)
June 5th Danskin Tri (sprint)
JulyOff too damn hot in Texas
AugustOff too damn hot in Texas
September 5thAustin Tri (olympic)
October 16thLivestrong Challenge 
November 13thNew York (pray I get in) or
San Antonio Marathon
December Decker Challenge 1/2 Marathon 



I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for all of this.  Keep following me on my adventures as I Mom, Swim, Bike, Run!  It's going to be a fun ride!

Disclaimer:  Races are subject to change at my discretion. If I run out of money, become exhausted or break any bones I may not be able to complete them all, but I am sure as heck going to try. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome is all I can say! xoxo G.

Ronald said...

is there any other reason to run than for the free tshirt and medal?

Anonymous said...

Awesome is all I can say! xoxo G.

Post a Comment