Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mix It Up

This week brought about the 13th week of my marathon training. I have to admit, I’m starting to get a little burned out from all the running. This is despite the fact that I took several weeks off due to surgery.

My training schedule this week looks like this:

Sunday: 14 miles

Monday: Cross (swim) and strength

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: 4 miles and strength

Thursday: 9 miles

Friday: 5 miles and strength

That is 32 miles of running this week! It’s not the long runs that get to me either, it is the boring mid-week runs on the treadmill. I don't like not being able to mix up my routine and just having to run and run and run and oh look at that run some more. Oh well, I’m just going to suck it up!

Even if I can’t mix it up with my fitness right now I can still mix it up with the kids.

MICROWAVE CHEX MIX

Ingredients

Chex Mix 004

  • 3 cups Corn Chex
  • 3 cups Rice Chex
  • 3 cups Wheat Chex
  • 1 cup nuts (your choice)
  • 1 cup pretzels
  • 1 cup anything else you choose (bagel chips etc.)
  • 6 T butter
  • 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 1/2 t seasoned salt
  • 3/4 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t onion powder

Directions:

  • In large microwave bowl mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips (set aside)
  • Melt butter in small bowl stir in seasonings
  • Pour over cereal
  • Stir until evenly coated
  • Microwave uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
  • Spread on Paper towels to cool

Chex Mix 005Chex Mix 007Chex Mix 010Chex Mix 013

Even though, by looking at the pictures, one might think safety goggles are required, they are actually optional.

Suck it up, mix it up, eat it up! I think I’ve found my marathon mantra.

Chex Mix 017

3 comments:

busy wife mom runner said...

very cute:)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that you still find time for all of this. Nothing seems to suffer - well, maybe your feet!!! xoxoxo G.

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

way to push through. It can be draining, but your on a roll!
LC

Post a Comment