Friday, January 21, 2011

Read With Caution

I’ll admit I’m feeling a little discouraged about my results since my surgery.  I’m not sure that everything I went through was even worth it.  I lost 3 weeks of marathon training, a bunch of money, and probably some sanity along the way.  And for what?

I’m am really trying to focus on the big picture and how far I’ve come.  I guess I could “coulda, shoulda, woulda” all day long.  The fact is, I had the surgery and there was no way to know it wouldn’t make a dramatic improvement. 

I have made some pretty big strides since the beginning though.

beginnning

August

overhead2

November

december

December

Stretch Progress 002Stretch Progress 004

Today (Go Steelers)

At least I’m good for throwing up my arms for all the TDs during the Steeler’s game on Sunday. Smile 

I’m working on stretching a lot when I’m at the gym and also strengthening and I’m already seeing improvements in my strength.  This will hopefully help me have better mobility. 

Today’s workout

Weights

  • Lots of shoulder stretches (did you hear that Kelly?  Still haven’t done my behind the back pulleys.  Damn!)
  • Shoulders:  3 lbs (ahhhh yeah imagine how I look doing that) 3 sets 10 reps
  • Assisted pull up: 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
  • Row:  35 lbs (I’m getting STRONG Winking smile) 3 sets 15 reps
  • Lat Pulls:   25 lbs 3 sets 15 reps

Run

3 miles going HARD for the last 1.5… 7 mph for last .5 miles Smile 

I didn’t do the 5 miles on my training plan but I can tell you there were extenuating circumstances that did not allow me to finish.  Believe me you don’t want the deets but it may or may not have involved me peeing my pants.  (Don’t say I didn’t warn you with my title.)

Good night folks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha xoxoxo G.

K cubed said...

but if you didn't do the surgery you would be wondering. At least you know and I still think there are small improvements. And the running thing, why do you think I don't jump rope.

Tyly said...

There would always be "what ifs" if you wouldn't have done it! I have faith that you will continue to gain range of motion, and there may be even more improvement on the inside that you don't realize!

I LOVE the jersey!!! I have the exact same one. That one and a white Ben one. I am PUMPED for tomorrow's game! I will be so high strung and crazy the whole day, but I have faith that we can take the Jets! Pretty boy Sanchez better get ready to eat grass!!

I tried your crock pot chicken and noodles recipe, and it was great! Even James liked it, which is a huge deal! I am always nervous to try new recipes on him because he's such a finicky eater, so thank you for giving me a new one to add to my arsenal. :)

Danielle said...

Atleast you wont live with the "What if's" about not doing it. Hope it keeps getting better!

Tracey said...

You have come a long way with your shoulder. As for the last thing, you know that happens to me every time I run. I need that surgery!

Ron said...

Can I call you Captain Pee Pants now?

beachgooloo said...

I agree that if you didn't have them you would wonder if you should have.... It's also hard to question doctor(s) judgement.I KNOW you researched it and decided to agree. Its never an exact science, but we hope hope the best out come. I am soooooo excited for you marathon. I need to ge that marathon dvd. LOL seriously

beachgooloo said...

I agree that if you didn't have them you would wonder if you should have.... It's also hard to question doctor(s) judgement.I KNOW you researched it and decided to agree. Its never an exact science, but we hope hope the best out come. I am soooooo excited for you marathon. I need to ge that marathon dvd. LOL seriously

Ron said...

Can I call you Captain Pee Pants now?

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment