I’ll admit I’m feeling a little discouraged about my results since my surgery. I’m not sure that everything I went through was even worth it. I lost 3 weeks of marathon training, a bunch of money, and probably some sanity along the way. And for what?
I’m am really trying to focus on the big picture and how far I’ve come. I guess I could “coulda, shoulda, woulda” all day long. The fact is, I had the surgery and there was no way to know it wouldn’t make a dramatic improvement.
I have made some pretty big strides since the beginning though.
Today (Go Steelers)
At least I’m good for throwing up my arms for all the TDs during the Steeler’s game on Sunday.
I’m working on stretching a lot when I’m at the gym and also strengthening and I’m already seeing improvements in my strength. This will hopefully help me have better mobility.
- Lots of shoulder stretches (did you hear that Kelly? Still haven’t done my behind the back pulleys. Damn!)
- Shoulders: 3 lbs (ahhhh yeah imagine how I look doing that) 3 sets 10 reps
- Assisted pull up: 3 sets 12 to 15 reps
- Row: 35 lbs (I’m getting STRONG ) 3 sets 15 reps
- Lat Pulls: 25 lbs 3 sets 15 reps
3 miles going HARD for the last 1.5… 7 mph for last .5 miles
I didn’t do the 5 miles on my training plan but I can tell you there were extenuating circumstances that did not allow me to finish. Believe me you don’t want the deets but it may or may not have involved me peeing my pants. (Don’t say I didn’t warn you with my title.)
Good night folks!