Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rubber Soled Shoes

Today was my rest day and I can tell you my body needed it.  My chest is really sore from yesterday's workout and my shoulder is "acting up". 


my nemesis

Dear Shoulder:

Get with the program, we've got a marathon to run.

Love,
Moi

So what do I do when I'm not running?  I shop!  I got a TJ Maxx gift card for Christmas and I can't believe it lasted me this long.  I promised myself I would spend it on MYSELF and not on the children.  Usually when I shop I go to the kid's section first and if I can't find anything THEN I'll look at stuff for me.  That's part of being a mother right?


I wound up with 4 items in the dressing room and only one worked.  I got these super cute Under Armour shorts though! 


You can't tell in this picture but I have hairy legs

I also bought a new pair of sneakers (what do you call them?  I hate the word sneakers. I always call them tennis shoes but I'm not playing tennis [you know bum shoulder and all]). 



I've been looking for a pair of grey and white pumas for literally years.  Of course I'm too cheap to pay full price.  I snagged these kicks/rubber soled shoes/gym shoes for $39.99.  Score!  I heart you TJ Maxx. 

I also returned ALL my Lululemon gear George bought me for Christmas.



 I love him; he thinks I'm smaller than I really am.  I wanted to exchange for EXACTLY what he bought me but just choose bigger sizes.  Of course they were out of everything (except the pants) so I got the same pants but three different tops.


I'm excited about my new gear.  I'm not quite sure why, but when I feel like I look cute I have a better workout.  Odd?  I hope that correlates to a really good long run tomorrow.  I am supposed to do 12 (a taper from last week's long 16 miler, which I didn't do) but I might try 14.  We shall see how cute I feel! 

Night friends! Happy Saturday. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone that reads your Blog or know you, NO, none of this seems "ODD". Good luck with the 12 miles - I would have to think about driving 12 miles for something! Whew! xoxoxoxo G.

beachgooloo said...

Ummm.. as expected, good blog.... :) I too feel like I do better with new kicks, haircut, outfit, what have you. ( Is that 3 words??) Anywho... you look fantastic... I am super excited about your finds. :) I LOVE finding deals on new stuff. Thanks for everything this week. EVERYTHING -- including "I will not obsess" <3 u!!

Faith Ann said...

Hi! I'm a relatively new reader of your blog, I can't remember where I stumbled on it...

I had to pop in to say that I love the new lulu clothes!! Your hubby did very well, even if he did buy the wrong size.

I recently placed a Christmas/birthday lulu order because I want cute stuff to make me feel better when working out lol. I've never tried using it on a long run though... maybe it would help?

Lisa said...

Good luck on the long run tomorrow. Chris did 18 this AM. ugh. I did body pump and missed you.

Love the lulu stuff. I'll have to check it out. I am enjoying getting cute workout stuff, too. It does make me feel better and work harder.

Lisa said...

Good luck on the long run tomorrow. Chris did 18 this AM. ugh. I did body pump and missed you.

Love the lulu stuff. I'll have to check it out. I am enjoying getting cute workout stuff, too. It does make me feel better and work harder.

Post a Comment