Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who Needs Endorphins When You have Pot Roast

After 2 days of not working out, I need some endorphins to make me happy.  My training plan called for five miles today.  Ok I wasn’t looking to be THAT happy.  Winking smile

I feel like I have a lot of new readers to my blog so maybe I should do some explaining.  I have three wonderful children.  Nicholas (7), Ella (5) and Jack (3). 

kids6

Nicholas is in school full time; a second grader.  Ella is in Pre-K (September birthday) and goes 1/2 day five days a week.  My little guy, Jack, goes to a 1/2 day program on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

My point is, I have my little guy with me on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. 

Jacks Treats Feast 2010 Budweiser Horses 007

Although Jack and I have logged many of miles with the jogging stroller, my jogger is currently in storage.  (Again, if you’re new to the blog, we have just relocated to Texas and are in the process of building a home.) 

I have no choice but to do my Wednesday and Friday runs on the treadmill (while Jack goes to the child care center at the gym).  Or as I affectionately call it, the DREADmill.  I definitely don’t love the treadmill and even though I’m slow outside, I’m even slower on the treadmill. 

Nonetheless I logged my 5 miles today in 54:32 in NEW SHOES.  I have worn the Saucony Progrid Ride 2 for awhile so I decided to stick with the Saucony Progrid Ride buying the newest version, Ride 3.  You like?  Me likey! 

shoes

I started off at a slow jog and increased my MPH as I felt I could.  I switched it up a bit adding some faster intervals, some at 7 mph.  After running at 7 MPH, I have to back it down just to recover so it really doesn’t make me that much faster.  Still, running any amount of time at a faster pace is good conditioning.  At least that’s what I tell myself. 

On an entirely different note, I am a Facebook addict.  When life hands me dilemmas I head to Facebook for answers.  I’ve been in a cooking rut.  I am, however, pretty busy so I asked my Facebook friends for crock pot recipes.  Man, I LOVE you friends!  Once again, you did not disappoint. 

crock pot

If you make nothing else every again, make this pot roast.  I wasn’t even planning on sharing this recipe because, although I thought it would be good, I didn’t think it would be FANTASTIC.  It was.  The name says it all.

To Die for Pot Roast

Ingredients:

  • 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast any kind (I used a 2 lb roast and added carrots and potatoes)
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Directions:

  • Place beef roast in crock pot.
  • Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
  • Pour the water around the roast.
  • Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
  • pot roast

    Who needs endorphins when you have pot roast? 

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Yummy-these endorphins sound good and I don't even run!!! Keep up the good work! xoxo G.

    K cubed said...

    I do like the shoes. I am a saucony fan as well

    Ron said...

    I love my Ride2's....did you see my blog yesterday?

    I could really go for an endorphin sandwich right now!

    Ron said...

    I love my Ride2's....did you see my blog yesterday?

    I could really go for an endorphin sandwich right now!

    Post a Comment