Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All About the Gear

Today was Nicholas’ first baseball practice.  He played t-ball in the past (one season) but has been waiting until he was old enough to play coach pitch. 

We pulled up to the field and Nicholas exclaims, “I’m the only one without baseball pants.”  Epic mom fail!  In my defense, I thought his old baseball pants would still fit him.  In reality when we put them on they were knickers and they were supposed to be full length pants.

I sent my son to BASEBALL practice in windpants and a LA Galaxy T-shirt.  If you know me, you know… I’m slipping!  Seriously, isn’t it all about the gear?  Ella and I think so. 

9162010 001

Not only was he in a SOCCER shirt, but I couldn’t even find his cleats.  This WILL be remedied with a trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods tomorrow. 

Baseball 2011 004Baseball 2011 005

Clearly I need to get out of my post marathon funk.  Seriously bad things are happening.  Winking smile  Just keep this between you and me K?  Come tomorrow, no one will even remember this happened. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicholas and I will! xoxoxoxo G.

Tracey said...

And where is his baseball hat? :)

Ron said...

don't forget his under armour wrist bands, phiton power bands, (don't buy the under armour cleats they are garbage..) :)

i loved baseball as a kid...but the pirates have ruined it for me!

A-Nik said...

You don't have to tell this mom it's all about the gear!! Remember who my son is????

Tri4Success said...

I have a 3-yr old with his own bat, batting helmet, baseball pants, and cleats. It's always about the gear! Oh, and did I mention he already owns 3 cycling jerseys?

Ron said...

don't forget his under armour wrist bands, phiton power bands, (don't buy the under armour cleats they are garbage..) :)

i loved baseball as a kid...but the pirates have ruined it for me!

Anonymous said...

Nicholas and I will! xoxoxoxo G.

Post a Comment