Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bib 4820

I can not believe that tomorrow is the marathon.  I have spent all week extremely nervous, but today I felt a sense of calm come over me.  I still have butterflies, but I think that is only natural. 

This morning started bright and early to be at the Palmer Events Center for the Expo. 

sdt jkh

Everyone had the same idea to be there as the doors opened so it was pretty crowded, but it wound up being even more crowed when we were leaving.  I was glad to have my bib and get the heck out of there.

jkh

jkh birdsdt bird

pick upsdt bib

The swag was pretty cool.  There was a bag (meh) as shown above but my favorite part was scoring a FREE spibelt.  That is a $20 belt for FREE.  I was glad to get it, not only because it was free, but also because I have no idea where mine is… you know packed in a box somewhere.  We also nabbed a few bars for free and some Chobani. 

I also purchased some headphones.  I heard about Yurbuds around the blog world so when I saw them at the Expo I knew I had to try them out.  Yurbuds come in different sizes to fit your ear properly and are guaranteed not to fall out.  I know you’re not supposed to try anything new the day of a race but trust me no headphones could be worse then my iPod issued buds.  The seem very comfortable.  I’ll give a full report tomorrow! 

Next up FOOD.  I’m not a real believer in the whole carb load thing but I do generally eat a normal amount of pasta the day before a race.  That or a cheeseburger and both have worked well for me.  Today I decided on pasta and the fam and I hit up Buca di Beppo. 

buca

I promise I did NOT overdo it. 

beercakebread

boysgirls

To be honest I focused most of the day today and yesterday on hydration (that wasn’t my beer).  I’ve been drinking a lot of G2 and Water.  Tonight I drank two huge glasses of water with dinner.  The hope was that it would help with hydration and also help me to not overeat. 

I’ve laid out all my gear and I’m ready to go.  All I need to do now is get a good night’s sleep. 

gear

If you’re interested in following my progress during the race tomorrow you can do it one of two ways.  If you have an iPhone click here for information about downloading the iPhone app.  If you don’t have an iPhone you can bookmark this page.  My bib# is 4820. 

I have been offered so much love and support from family, friends, and blog friends.  I appreciate each and every comment and well wish.  THANK YOU to everyone for your encouragement! Next time you see me I’ll be a marathoner! 

7 comments:

Tracey said...

I will be tracking you! It will make me feel like I am there with you (almost).
go Susan, go!

Tyly said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I can't wait to read all about it. You're going to do fan-freakin'-tastic!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be tracking! Best of luck. xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

I may not be tracking, but Christine and I are rooting for you!! I hope you have a great great run!!

A-Nik said...

Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!! You are probably already running. I will be thinking about you all morning and sending you my positive vibes from the 'burgh! You rock Boo!

A-Nik said...

Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!! You are probably already running. I will be thinking about you all morning and sending you my positive vibes from the 'burgh! You rock Boo!

Anonymous said...

I'll be tracking! Best of luck. xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment