Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here We Go

If you’re a Pittsburgh Steeler’s fan then you’ll know that their fight song is “Here We Go Steelers”.  I have to say, I’m pumped for today’s Super Bowl and I’m ready to go! 

I’m also pumped about today’s run.  All I can say about it is WOW!  I feel so blessed.  I woke up and checked the weather first thing and it was already in the low 40s (by the time we ended it was mid 60s).  The sun was shining brightly and I was ready to go.  Twelve schmelve… Here we go!

sdt

From the first step to the last I enjoyed every minute of it.  Ok well there may have been a bathroom emergency around mile 5 (when I realized all the public restrooms were closed due to frozen pipes) that I wasn’t happy.  Julie told me there was a 7 Eleven up the street about 3/4 of a mile but it was all up hill.  A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.  And you know what I had to do!  Look at mile 6 compared to the rest of the miles… Here we go.

 Run

  • Mile 1:  12:45
  • Mile 2:  13:18
  • Mile 3: 13:01
  • Mile 4:  12:58
  • Mile 5: 13:01
  • Mile 6: 12:13
  • Mile 7:   13:13
  • Mile 8: 13:27
  • Mile 9: 13:19
  • Mile 10:  13:13
  • Mile 11:  13:35
  • Mile 12:  12:44

Total:  2:36:54

Average:  13:04

There is something about settling into a nice slow steady pace with the sun beating down that just warms my soul.  I don’t know how to describe the GREAT feeling I had when I was finished.  Dare I say… runner’s high?  I remember when 12 used to seem so overwhelming and now 12 seems fun.  26.2?  Here we go!

shadows

I’m so thankful to Julie for adding extra mileage to her run today so I could use the bathroom and for standing by my side through another training run.  She doesn’t even complain when I “make” her stop to take pictures.  I think she secretly WANTED to stop and take in the view.  Wouldn’t you?  

jkh dam2

Nope no stopping allowed here!  Here we go!

jks top of hill

The only thing that could make this day any better would be a Super Bowl victory for the Steelers.  We’re all pretty optimistic around here.

Going for 7

Here we go Steelers, here we go!  Pittsburgh’s going to the Super Bowl!  If you don’t like it you know where you can go!  Winking smile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how 13.1 is nothing now - 26.2 here she comes AND HERE WE GO!!! xoxoxox G.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how 13.1 is nothing now - 26.2 here she comes AND HERE WE GO!!! xoxoxox G.

Post a Comment