Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last of the Long

On October 18, 2010 I set out on a mission to run a marathon.  Actually I registered for the marathon in May (before I even had my accident) but I started training on October 18th.  Since then there have been MANY long runs. 

  1. 7 miles
  2. 7 miles
  3. 9 miles
  4. 9.74 miles
  5. 6 miles
  6. 12 miles
  7. 13.1 miles
  8. 14 miles
  9. 18 miles
  10. 14 miles
  11. 20 miles
  12. 12 miles

Today the long runs concluded with 10 miles.  I’ll admit, it was pretty fabulous. 

sdt7jkh2

Last Long Run:  10 miles

  • Mile 1:  12:49
  • Mile 2:  12:57
  • Mile 3: 12:40
  • Mile 4:  13:03
  • Mile 5:  12:56
  • Mile 6:  13:09
  • Mile 7:  13:04
  • Mile 8:  12:49
  • Mile 9:  13:18
  • Mile 10:  13:07

Total: 2:10:06

Average: 12:59  

Once again, Austin weather cooperated and we had a gorgeous running day. The temperature started in the low 50s and ended in the high 60s.  I pray for weather JUST like this for next weekend. 

I can’t believe that the marathon is just 7 days away.  I feel VERY confident in my ability to finish, but incredibly nervous about how it will feel and how long it will take. 

sdt5jkh

I’m so thankful that Julie came along in my life midway through training.  I can’t imagine doing so many of the long runs without her there by my side at least part of the way.  Thank you Julie!  We have run 54 miles together.  That’s almost 12 hours of running and useless stories told by me.  Any girl who puts up with that deserves a medal.  I think one like this will do just fine!

marathon

8 comments:

Diary of a Mad Fat Woman said...

Yay! So exciting! Good luck to you. :)

the hoppe pad said...

You are going to do so great! I cannot wait to hear about it as it makes me really want to run a marathon this year too!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck - you will be great! Thanks Julie! xoxoxo G.

Julie Harmon said...

I've quickly become addicted to running with you!
You will have an awesome race because you will make it awesome- your that kinda girl!
I wish I was going to be there to watch you finish!!

Kristie said...

I have been following your training, just started reading various fitness and running blogs in the past few months. Good luck. I live in the Houston area and will be coming up to Austin to run my first full this Sunday, after 4 half marathons. I am older, fatter, and slower than you, but I'll be there. Thanks for the blog, you are an inspiration.

Ron said...

you're going to do great!!!!

Kristie said...

I have been following your training, just started reading various fitness and running blogs in the past few months. Good luck. I live in the Houston area and will be coming up to Austin to run my first full this Sunday, after 4 half marathons. I am older, fatter, and slower than you, but I'll be there. Thanks for the blog, you are an inspiration.

Diary of a Mad Fat Woman said...

Yay! So exciting! Good luck to you. :)

Post a Comment