Friday, February 25, 2011

Precious Gift

As a mother there is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING more terrible than to imagine losing one of your children.  I can honestly tell you, I try very hard EVERY day to NOT take my children for granted.  I am well aware that each day, each moment and each memory with my children are gifts.  I was given three precious gifts and I cherish them. 

Moving to TX and First Day of School 013

Today I read a story of a mother who lost her precious gift, her baby, and it shook me to the core.  I read her story through tears, through anger and through fear.  You can read her story here and I encourage you to do so. 

I’m not asking you to read the story to break your heart or move you to tears (that will just happen).  I’m asking you to read the story and then ask yourself what YOU can do.  If this story doesn’t evoke something in you then I don’t know what will.  I’m not saying that this story will move you to do something for the family, but to do SOMETHING.  Maybe it’s calling your mother, maybe it’s telling your husband that you love him, or maybe it’s deciding you won’t waste the life that you’ve been GIVEN—a precious gift that none of us should take for granted.

If you are interested in helping the family you can visit Polka Dot Junkie’s Facebook page here to find out more information on an auction being held to help the family. 

Please understand that I do not know this family, I was merely moved by their story.  Moved to do something! 

8 comments:

Angela F said...

How do you survive losing a child? These poor people.

Sarah said...

Well said Susan. Enjoy your moments with your 3 special gifts as I try to do the same thing!! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Take it from one who knows how short life is: really do take care of those precious gifts and your 4th one too! xoxoxo G.

Julie Harmon said...

When I am gone, if the only thing I did right on this earth was to raise happy, sensitive and loving children, I will be happy.
I can not imagine ever losing one of them.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I just found your blog and became your newest follower. Wanted to say hi! :)

my prayers are with the family :(

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I just found your blog and became your newest follower. Wanted to say hi! :)

my prayers are with the family :(

Sarah said...

Well said Susan. Enjoy your moments with your 3 special gifts as I try to do the same thing!! Miss you guys!

Angela F said...

How do you survive losing a child? These poor people.

Post a Comment