Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Progress

I feel like I worked non stop all day yet I didn’t make very much progress in the house.  Or maybe I did.  You be the judge. 

For those of you not friends with me on Facebook (and why not?) here is the kitchen before. 

kitchen

You see, part of the contract with the moving company was that they would unpack 30% of our boxes.  It really is helpful for them to unpack, but that is ALL they do.  They unpack and put your junk precious items on any available flat surface.  That’s how my kitchen wound up looking like the above photo. 

After spending ALL day diligently at work, I made some pretty significant progress (in the kitchen that is).

kitchen after

Don’t let the white chairs fool you.  I’m no dumby having white chairs with kids.  They are supposed to have red slip covers like the one on the left, but I was too lazy to put them all on for the photo op.  I’m so happy my kitchen is in full working order.  Wait, does this mean I have to cook?  Damn!

I also put together my china cabinet.  I’m not overly pleased with all the glasses stored in it due to losing my “wet bar” in my old house, but I still think it looks ok.  Thoughts?

china cabinet

Let us not be fooled!  The room still looks like this (and this is an improvement).

dining room before

And my living room looks like this.

living room

Remember when I said “you be the judge”?  Never mind, I take that all back.  Don’t judge. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it in real life! Mess or no mess.

xoxo

Tracey said...

Looks great! Neater than my house :)

Anonymous said...

Progress!! Awesome!! xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

looks good susan! if it was me I would just procrastinate until the glasses and boxes put themselves away.

slow and steady wins that race. keep it up.

Ron said...

looks good susan! if it was me I would just procrastinate until the glasses and boxes put themselves away.

slow and steady wins that race. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Progress!! Awesome!! xoxoxo G.

Anonymous said...

It's coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it in real life! Mess or no mess.

xoxo

Post a Comment