Friday, February 18, 2011

Step by Step to the Finish

Two days before the marathon and I find myself completely nervous.  I’m doubting my training, doubting my shoes, and doubting my physical stamina.  One thing I am not doubting is my mental stamina and my determination.  Nothing short of, oh let’s say crashing into a ditch and breaking two bones, will stop me from completing 26.2 miles. 

Putting in the long hours working around the house seems to really have taken a toll on my body.  In fact, I’ve decided putting together my house is kind of like doing a marathon.  I am proud of the accomplishments I’ve made, but I have a LONG LONG way to go.  I’m at mile 3 of this house marathon. 

Today’s Before (not very good pics):

jtt beforejtt before2

After:

jtt afterjtt closet 2jtt closet

I’m very pleased with every room that I’ve finished.  Once it’s complete I never have to do it again.  Some rooms might be harder than others, but I just have to focus on one thing at a time.  Even if that means just focusing on a closet instead of the whole room, or one room instead of the whole house. 

I know I’m going to be happy with each mile that ticks by on my Garmin.  Once each mile is complete I never have to do it again.  Some miles might be harder than others, but I just have to focus on one mile at a time.  Even if that means just focusing on making it to the next tree, or the next water stop instead of the whole marathon. 

Step by step, one foot in front of the other, I WILL finish. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you WILL finish - both will be accomplished - just not at any cost, please. Good Luck xoxoxoxoxo G.

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

yes, good luck tomorrow!!! I might be down there so tell me your bib number.
;)

Ron said...

tommorrow is going to be the greatest running day of your life. (not the greatest day because you have your wedding, your childrens births etc...but its gonna be awesome!)

you have a great mindset going into this race! Your adrenaline will carry you the first few miles, your training will carry you the rest. Hold true to your training, believe in yourself, and be glad that you don't have to run through the electric wires like george did at the tough mudder! lol!

very excited for you!! You are going to CRUSH this marathon!!

Go Susan!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you WILL finish - both will be accomplished - just not at any cost, please. Good Luck xoxoxoxoxo G.

Post a Comment