Sunday, February 27, 2011

What to Do What to Do

I’m one week post marathon.  I intentionally took the whole week off because I wanted to focus on getting the house in order.  Enter out of town husband and serious GI problems and I’m no further ahead this week than last.  Ok maybe a tiny bit. 

Dining Room Before:

dining room before

Dining Room After:

House_Dining Room 001House_Dining Room 002

So what does this week bring?  I’m still not sure.  I don’t know whether to just buckle down and stay at home working on the house again this week or go back to the gym and work on the house as I can.  The disorganization of the house drives me NUTSO but I also have 2 events coming up which require training. 

rock n roll dallas

austin autism ride

Austin Autism Society Bike Ride

Rock n Roll Dallas is March 27th and The Austin Autism Ride is April 3rd.  We (George and I) are planning on doing the 100K but we can always do less as we see fit. 

I know that I could go out and run a half marathon tomorrow but I’m really hoping to make my first Rock n Roll event a good one with a PR.  There, I’ve said it.  My previous record is 2:09:20 (a 9:53 pace). 

half mary

It’s not going to be easy by any stretch so I really need to put in the work to do well and get that PR.  What to do, what to do?

What would you do if you were me? 

Go about daily life as normal and work on the house as I can or put off all my training until the house is finished? 

Please don’t forget to Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking the Top Mommy Blogs icon on my sidebar.  All it takes is a click and your vote is done.  Thanks (I’m slipping in the ratings). 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A compromise will rid you of more stress than all of one. Do a couple of days of each!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Do both. You won't be settled until the house is finished! xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

Your mental sanity is very important before you go for a run. So I say do a room or two today. Run tues, a room on wed, run thursday, take friday for susan and george time, saturday do both. Hopefully by then the house is done and you've got your legs back underneath ready to go full bore into your training the following week. 2 or 3 light runs this week will get your legs going and decrease the shock to your system as you jump back into it.

Tracey said...

I agree. You can do both- just make a schedule for yourself. You are doing a lot so far this year!!!

Tracey said...

I agree. You can do both- just make a schedule for yourself. You are doing a lot so far this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Do both. You won't be settled until the house is finished! xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment