Friday, March 18, 2011

Boot Scootin’

When Jami was here two weeks ago we stumbled into Allens Boots on South Congress in Austin. 

allens

I fell in love with these little pink cowboy boots for Ella, but due to all of Jami’s and my spending throughout the week I felt guilty buying them.  However when I found myself back on South Congress today, I couldn’t resist going in to get them. 

I’ll admit when I went into Allens the first time I was taken back by how expensive the boots were.  I really had no idea what a good pair of cowboy boots cost.  Then I did some talking to friends, some looking around at Rodeo Austin and some internet research and I knew I “needed” a pair of Lucchese boots. 

It is a bit overwhelming to choose because there is so much variety. 

allens choices

I could see having a different pair for every day and every outfit if you were, oh say… Oprah.  Look at the amazing detail on some of these.

allens choices close up

Seeing as I will probably only have ONE pair in my LIFETIME, I wanted something basic.  And so the search began. 

I have FAT pleasantly plump claves.  Tis true.  So I feared trying on the first pair.  Wouldn’t you know, I put on the first pair, felt my heel thud as my foot slid into place and viola the circulation around my calf immediately stopped.  George even started laughing hysterically.  That’s all it took.  I whipped off that boot and high tailed it out of there.  I was hurt, mad and ready to join fat calves anonymous. 

Luckily George talked me down off the ledge and encouraged me to try on more boots.  “There has to be a pair that fits you,” he said.  Oh thanks a lot now I feel better.  Eventually I talked to the sales lady who explained I needed to find a boot with a deeper “V” in the front to accommodate my MARATHONER calves. 

allens deep v

I was trying on the basics in a light tan color and not really loving anything.  And then it happened, the Mad Dog Goat in peanut brittle.  I die!  I smiled, I got a spring in my step, and suddenly I was able to overlook the poor circulation in my lower extremities. 

George saw the look in my eye and I think he knew I was done.  He didn’t even try to fight it.  I introduce to you.  A fat girl in little boots! 

Allen Boots 009

Now, about my horse…..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't even ride a bike properly - no horse!! kidding kidding...........xoxoxo G.

A-Nik said...

Too damn funny. I can't wear boots either because of my fat calfs...however, mine are truly fat, not pumped up with muslces...sigh. I like them!!! Abbey is going to Tay Swift in June and wants cowboy boots, however, we will NOT be purchasing anything expensive. Does Payless have cowboy boots down there? LOL.

Angie F. said...

Those boots are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see them with an outfit..

Angie F. said...

Those boots are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see them with an outfit..

Anonymous said...

You can't even ride a bike properly - no horse!! kidding kidding...........xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment