Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy Schedule

I realized today when I put Nicholas’ baseball schedule into my calendar that my race schedule is definitely going to suffer.  I mean take a look at this schedule (and this doesn’t even include Nicholas’ hockey schedule). 

calendar

He has a tournament the weekend of The Austin Autism Ride and is making his communion the day of The Shiner GASP.  Part of me is disappointed, but I know that my role as a mother is the most important thing.  So, if I have to sacrifice a couple of rides or runs then I’ll survive.  There are so many opportunities to do the things I want to do, but only one opportunity to be the mother I want to be. 

wnt sdt

finish eet wnt

But, one of the main ideas behind this blog is to show you that you can be a busy mom/dad/wife/student/work place diva AND still find time to stay active and fit.  So I will carry on with my training, do the races I can.  Find new ones to replace the ones I can’t and move on. 

To be honest, I would give up every race, every goal, every dream and every desire to spend more time with my kids at these precious ages.  It really makes me sad to know that my three and a half year old is my baby, my oldest is soon to be in third grade and my baby girl will be starting Kindergarten. 

jtt eet wnt

For now, I’m content to carry on and do what I can and adjust as necessary, but when they’re in college watch out!

ironman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, do enjoy them while you can. Before you know, your baby will be in his 30's just as MINE IS! Time really does fly. I'm so glad you realize time with them is precious!! xoxo G.

A-Nik said...

Share every moment you can with your kids. Your life can go on, once they are gone. Take it from someone that is about to lose theirs.

Ron said...

you can do the ironman before they get to college ;) heck you are halfway there now..you just have to combine the biking and running...and add some swimming...plus who wouldn't want a vacation to hawaii afterward. I know george would love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, do enjoy them while you can. Before you know, your baby will be in his 30's just as MINE IS! Time really does fly. I'm so glad you realize time with them is precious!! xoxo G.

Post a Comment