Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Don’t Answer That

Awesome workout today.  I am pretty tired right now and I hope that is a result of me working hard and not because I’m old.  It’s not right?  Don’t answer that. 

old susan

I did a normal easy leg workout today and even though my legs are no longer sore from the marathon they were definitely screaming at me during the workout (they’re still tired).  Lunges are hard.  I want to punch them in the face.

Leg Workout: 

Lunges 25 lbs 15 reps each side 4 sets
Step ups 15 reps each side 4 sets
Leg Press 150 lbs 15 reps 4 sets
Hamstring curl 35 lbs 15 reps 4 sets

You know what else I’d like to punch in the face?  Cellulite!  I know I don’t have the best eating habits, but I have worked out pretty hard and VERY consistently FOR THREE YEARS.  Do you think one ounce of cellulite has left my thighs?  Don’t answer that. 

cellulite susan

And since we have on the boxing gloves muffin tops also deserve a jab right in the pie hole.  A muffin top is just your body’s reminder that your pants are too tight.  As if the difficulty in breathing wasn’t already enough. 

susan sucking it in

There you have it ladies and gentlemen—all my well hidden secrets revealed.  Oh well.  Carry on. 

Fartlek Run

My fartlek went much better than I anticipated.  I planned to do a quick warm up.  1 minute hard followed by 2 minutes of walking and repeat.  I thought the “hard” would be a 9:00 minute mile pace.  Turns out I was able to do the 1 minute interval at 8.0 mph (7:15 pace).  I guess I don’t give myself enough credit. 

Since I did my legs today, and they were already tired, I decided to do 6 speedy 1 minute intervals.  I finished about two and half miles after jogging at 5.0 mph to a nice even 30 minutes.  I like this work out.  I hope it makes me faster!  Do you actually think I can get my PR at Rock n Roll Dallas?  Don’t answer that. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's genetics ... take that any way you want! xoxoxo G.

Tracey said...

You are too much! Nice job on the fartlek- that is a fast pace! I don't want to answer your question because you said not to, but I think you will do great at the half. Just remember that you just finished a marathon, so running a half 6 weeks or so later is a hard thing to do. It takes a long time for your body to recuperate from running 26.2!

Ron said...

you are going to rock the half. just when you think you will be tired you will cross the finish line. the fatleks will make you faster...or FARTLICKS as we called them in HS>

Tracey said...

You are too much! Nice job on the fartlek- that is a fast pace! I don't want to answer your question because you said not to, but I think you will do great at the half. Just remember that you just finished a marathon, so running a half 6 weeks or so later is a hard thing to do. It takes a long time for your body to recuperate from running 26.2!

Post a Comment