Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Final Stretch

It has been almost NINE months since my accident.  In some ways it seems so long ago, but it doesn’t seem like it’s been almost a year.  My original orthopedic told me I’d look back at my accident at Christmas and not even remember it had happened.  However, 11 days before Christmas I had one final surgery and I was WELL aware that I had fractured my shoulder. 

Ella Christmas Program and Final sugery 008

I wish I had written my blog back then because I would probably have some pretty gory pictures to show and some gruesome stories to go along with.   One thing I do know, I’ve come a long way since then.  Gone are the days of showering with a trash bag.

trash bag

No more walking around like Frankenstein….

sdt front lift

… and my motion has improved tremendously.

September 22nd:

sdt4sdt5

October 18th:

sidesdt back

November 8th: 

January 21st:

Stretch Progress 004Stretch Progress 005

Today:

Final Stretch 040sdt back

So what does all of this mean?  Well, I’m officially finished with physical therapy.  My physical therapist let me go today. It was kind of sad, because I’ve grown quite attached to her.  Call me Kelly! Winking smile

So maybe six months wasn’t long enough, but now nine months later, I can hardly tell I broke my shoulder and my wrist.  I move, for the most part, normally and above all I’m happy. 

In fact, I’m so happy, I could do a cartwheel (and now I can).

cartwheel1cartwheel3cartwheel4cartwheel5cartwheel6cartwheel9

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you!!!
xoxo

Tracey said...

Nice! Time to get back out on that bike (I know your mom will want to kill me for saying that!) :)

Wanna Be a Skinnie Minnie! said...

Wow!! Congrats on being dismissed from PT!! :@)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back to "normal", but did you HAVE to do that cartwheel? What if...... xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

i am just picturing the neighbors watching you do a cartwheel while george takes pictures.

welcome back shoulder!

K cubed said...

you didn't tell me you could do a cartwheel. Maybe we would have practiced them in the gym :)Congrats

Post a Comment