Monday, March 28, 2011

Free of Charge Delight

What’s the difference between a half marathon and a full marathon?  Well 13.1 miles of course, but beyond that, what’s the difference?  Well, the way you feel afterward.  I am definitely sore today after the Rock N Roll half marathon (recap here), but I am able to actually contemplate running again.  After the marathon, I couldn’t even think about running without getting nauseated.  I understand now why people say they’d rather stick to the half marathon distance.  It’s just so much easier on your mind and body all around.  I wonder if you actually ever get to a place where marathons are easy.  At least I was happy in the end. 

sdt finish

I got out all my medals today because I wanted to feel like Mr. T compare them all.

Bling 004

I think I’m finally collecting enough that I might need some sort of fancy schmancy display rack thingy-ma-bob.  The one I have currently (my neck) probably won’t work much longer.  Plus it’s a little ME ME ME isn’t it?  Kind of like this blog… who said that?  I’ll find you! 

Bling 001

note to self:  sans make-up = not good!

The Rock N Roll marathon medal that I dissed yesterday actually wasn’t as bad as I thought.  Tri4Success let me know the medal was of the Texas Star Ferris Wheel.  I feel a little bit better about the medal now because it has some significance, but I still think it should have had a rock n roll ribbon at least. 

source

bling 005

Dear Rock N Roll Marathon People:

Since y’all put on such a fine race, your medals should reflect the same quality.  Please consider a rock n roll themed ribbon and then a city specific medal.  This will be more appealing to mediocre running moms across the world.  Please feel free to consult me for any other race matters that might be up for rating and review.  

Sincerely,

MomSwimBikeRun 

One really cool thing I did LOVE about the medal was the back side.  The back side included the date and a little spot to fill in your time.

bling 007

I’m sure you’re supposed to do something uber cool like etch the time, but I ain’t got time for Things Remembered so I used a sharpie.  I think it’s a nice way to remember all of my times, you know in case something happens to the internets. 

bling 008

That’s all of the post-race day wisdom I have for the day.  Tune in tomorrow for more I-can’t-believe-this-is-free-of-charge delight! 

4 comments:

Tri4Success said...

I live here and it took me a moment to realize what that medal was. Thanks for the shout out! Glad you're feeling good after the half-marathon.

Anonymous said...

You should put the time on all of them! Why call it "rock 'n roll" if they aren't going to use the theme a bit. Or maybe they just meant - hey "let's rock and roll" - like let's git 'er going ... oh well......ummm - by the way, did you find that hairdresser yet? LOLOL xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

i should send you pics of the shadow box christine made for us after finishing the pittsburgh half last year. she did an amazing job, and the box only cost about 20 bucks. You could make a box for each year and put the medals/numbers/pictures in them for display...or storage in a box in the attic.

Anonymous said...

You should put the time on all of them! Why call it "rock 'n roll" if they aren't going to use the theme a bit. Or maybe they just meant - hey "let's rock and roll" - like let's git 'er going ... oh well......ummm - by the way, did you find that hairdresser yet? LOLOL xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment