Thursday, March 17, 2011

Go Green

It’s St Patty’s Day.  Did you wear your GREEN today?  WE did! 

kidsmommy and kids

Don’t be GREEN with envy, but we also went to see Rango today.  It was a really cute movie, but nothing I’d write home about.  The kids liked it so I guess that is all that matters.

rango

As luck would have it, today was also dentist day.  Nicholas has always loved the dentist.  I don’t know what it is.  I honestly think it’s just the appeal of a new toothbrush.  Jack, on the other hand, is pretty GREEN when it comes to the dentist.  I didn’t know if he would love it, but he surprised me and did a really great job.  Look at those pearly whites.

St Patricks day 010

I’ve been looking forward to Spring Break for a long time.  I figured it would be liberating not having to be anywhere with nothing that we HAD to do.  I should, however, have known the grass isn’t always GREENer on the other side.  Due to all this free time, I didn’t workout again today.  Are you keeping track?  That is not one, not two, not three, but FOUR, FOUR days in a row without a workout.  I saw people out running today and I swear I was the GREEN eyed monster.  I need to do something STAT. 

I think George is getting a little GREEN around the gills because of all the GREEN we have been spending.  So, tomorrow maybe I will get back into a normal routine and hit the gym.  Or maybe I’ll go GREEN and ride my bike around town. 

Regardless of what we decide to do, you are all given the GREEN light to come back tomorrow and check in.  Seriously, how could you resist? 

kids2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute - you are so creative! xoxoxo G.

Tracey said...

What a slacker you are! 4 days with no workouts and a half marathon in a little over a week? What are you thinking? That spending time with your wonderful family is more important than running? Well, you are so right!!! Don't beat yourself up about it. Your body won't forget how to run.
Have a great day!

Ron said...

I do have to call FOUL on one GREEN section of your blog...in the group picture you are wearing black. SHAME SHAME!

4 days off is just healing time (preliminary healing) for the 1/2 next week. Family comes first...the kids will never forget this time with their mom!

Tracey said...

What a slacker you are! 4 days with no workouts and a half marathon in a little over a week? What are you thinking? That spending time with your wonderful family is more important than running? Well, you are so right!!! Don't beat yourself up about it. Your body won't forget how to run.
Have a great day!

Ron said...

I do have to call FOUL on one GREEN section of your blog...in the group picture you are wearing black. SHAME SHAME!

4 days off is just healing time (preliminary healing) for the 1/2 next week. Family comes first...the kids will never forget this time with their mom!

Post a Comment