Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Happy Runner

Hello workout, oh how I have missed thee.  Seriously, I was going insane having not worked out in SEVEN days.   I can honestly tell you it has probably been 2 years since I’ve gone that long without working out.  (Beside my accident/bed rest of course). 

Today I decide to punish redeem myself and run 10 miles with the jogging stroller.  Well, not JUST the jogger, I had a little companion too.

jtt2

All my pictures are blurry because my Droid sucks doesn’t take pictures properly anymore. 

If you’re doing the calculations in your head right now, I will help you out.  I figure I was pushing 50 plus pounds of cuteness.  Well about 30 some pounds of cuteness and the rest stroller.  Julie told me she’d help me push if I wanted, but I was determined to do the full 10 miles myself. 

jkh jtt

She’s just pretending in this pic

Well we didn’t RUN the full 10 miles, but we did run 9 and walk about 1.  I can live with that.  The weather was hot and humid, which made it exhausting.  Nonetheless, we finished and that felt good.

I haven’t run with a jogger in a long time so I didn’t know how Jack would act.  He was such a perfect angel the whole time.  He barely made a peep for almost 2 hours.  Of course he did have a snack of gold fish and fruit snacks to keep him happy (but not 2 hours worth).  I’m a lucky mama. 

runner

I’m also a lucky friend.  Julie and I have come a long way since our first run way back on Janurary 9th. 

I can’t stress enough how happy I am to have found a running partner.  More than that, I’ve found a friend; someone who I know understands me, supports me, and doesn’t mind that I’m a “nut job”. 

jkh

Here’s to many more pictures taken on that bridge, many more miles run, but hey if at all possible…. can you leave that kid at home?  Oh wait, he’s mine.  Damn he’s cute! 

jtt

10 Mile Run/Walk With the Jogger:

Mile 1: 12:50

Mile 2: 13:11

Mile 3:  13:02

Mile 4: 12:55

Mile 5: 13:00

Mile 6:  14:17 (some walking)

Mile 7: 13:14

Mile 8:  13:59 (some walking)

Mile 9:  Walked

Mile 10:  13:07

Total (minus mile 9 walking):  1:59:43

Average:  13:17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you did that - great job. You have a great little boy there and what a friend. Can't wait to meet Julie! Keep up the good work and the EARLY blogs! xoxoxoxo G.

Wanna Be a Skinnie Minnie! said...

Way To Go! Your little boy is a cutie! Glad you found a running buddy... it is a lot easier to run with someone! :o)

Ron said...

nice! glad you got back into it!! did you try cleaning your droid camera? the x has a manual shutter (not digital) so it may be something they can fix at the verizon store.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you did that - great job. You have a great little boy there and what a friend. Can't wait to meet Julie! Keep up the good work and the EARLY blogs! xoxoxoxo G.

Post a Comment