Saturday, March 12, 2011

Healthy Choices

You want to know what gets me excited?  Fresh produce!  Today in between soccer, baseball and hockey we managed to make a trip to Central Market.  The produce section is ah-maz-ing! 

applesoranges and lemonsorganics

We all I got a little crazy with the fruits and vegetables and it was really fun seeing my kids get enthusiastic about their “healthy choices”. 

eet jtt lemonssdt clementine

Nicholas practically jumped out of the cart to grab his beloved honey crisp apples.  No matter that four apples cost $12, he was excited (I don’t, however, think we caught that on “film”).

wnt honey crisp

I wish he had as much excitement over the green veggies.  I totally cracked up when I saw this picture.  Check out his face.

sdt wnt vana

Regardless of his distaste I loaded up (Granny shot vs Overhead toss). 

sdt cabbagewnt cabbage

I could have used the produce scale all day.  “Clearly, you need to get out more,” says the kid behind me.

sdt scale3sdt scale

Things got pretty serious over at the cheese section and then the salsa bar.  You heard me right, A SALSA BAR.   I don’t know why there aren’t any pictures of me hugging and kissing the the homemade goodness. 

Honestly, I think George was a little embarrassed.  I mean seriously Ella, put down the mint. This is a grocery store! 

eet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are! Granny shot? humpf! xoxoxo G.

Ron said...

hahahahaha!!!

that some good producing weighing there!

L Finch said...

Awesomeness. Fresh stuff rocks.
You have a new follower!!

Cheers!

L Finch said...

Awesomeness. Fresh stuff rocks.
You have a new follower!!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are! Granny shot? humpf! xoxoxo G.

Post a Comment