Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday

What do you do on a Sunday when there’s nothing else to do?  You go to Ikea of course.  I think the reason I like Ikea is because you can drop the kids off in the kids’ play area and go.  Shopping sans kids?  Yes please!

9242010 007

I just wanted to pick up a few things, but the closet systems caught my eye.

closet3

My master closet is NOT working for me at all.  I need something to help organize all of my crap clothes and shoes.  I don’t know if the Ikea system will work out for me, but it was fun playing Vanna White looking around.

closet 2closet system

We also tried out some of the sectionals for comfort.  We need something in our media room (we’re a long way away from that project).  I gave George the chance to play Vanna too.  You can vote for the better Vanna in the comments section. 

couch

George and I were like kids in a candy store admittedly enjoyed browsing the store without the kids.  Do you know how many stares you get when you’re taking self portraits on a sectional in the middle of Ikea?  No?  I have no idea either!  Who does that?

self2self3self4self

But you know, it can’t be all play and no work.  So we collected our things and got on our way.

stuffcarpet

So there you have it.  A Sunday in the life of the Tirch family.  Sadly, when Ikea is a form of entertainment, you’re getting old.

Operation get my @$$ back in gear commences tomorrow!  See you then. 

What do you like to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were you buying? - Lazy Sunday - just sit - outside most of the time and inside some of the time. xoxoxoxo G.

Ron said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I would be lying if I said that Christine and I hadn't done that in the past. Well not the pictures in Ikea, but lazy Sundays shopping for the house.

I would my vote in for George for best Vanna white. He was pretty convincing sans prop (remote). Plus I am partial to media rooms over closets.

Ron said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I would be lying if I said that Christine and I hadn't done that in the past. Well not the pictures in Ikea, but lazy Sundays shopping for the house.

I would my vote in for George for best Vanna white. He was pretty convincing sans prop (remote). Plus I am partial to media rooms over closets.

Post a Comment